When your car breaks.........you need a solution

Ricey

And here it is :teeth:

b6314316.jpg

Do I ever learn.........it would seem not.

Alfa 156 2l JTS 167bhp turismo. Just had the mega expensive service (Cambelt, water pump, radiator), full service history, 93k........for the princely sum of 800

To solve a petrolheads problems you need a petrol heads car. Another scratch........itched :yahoo:

Dad had one of those, the estate in black with red leather. He said it was one of this favourite cars and i loved it. A proper drivers car that feels great on the road.

Was very reliable until the engine blew on the motorway but up to that point it was fantastic.

Hope you have more luck with this one. :thumbs:

:lol::clap: excellent!! I love your buying style Paul.

I have been so tempted to impulse buy over the last 48hrs - have sat in just about every TDi I can possibly think of and driven a few... but I have been a good girrrrrl so far :blush:

And when that car breaks.....

The merc will be fixed.....and when that car breaks........On and on goes the perpetual merry go round of destruction.

Bottom line it's got to last until the merc is fixed after that it can do what it likes. Tax and mot until next year and tonnes of history.

Will i must admit its a lovely sounding engine for a 4 pot. It's the newer version of the tspark so supposed to be more economical and more reliable (doing 40 mpg on the motorway)

Enevitabley it will break but the question is when! :ninja:

Bet ya that'll last forever, it'll be the law of the sod, but in a good way.

You know like when you win a goldfish at the fair and believe it'll only last a week, but lasts for years.

I believe this is your goldfish :thumbs:

You know like when you win a goldfish at the fair and believe it'll only last a week, but lasts for years.

Dude that is perhaps my favourite analogy of all time :#1:

Dude that is perhaps my favourite analogy of all time :#1:

:yahoo:

Just don't feed it fish food :lol:

TBF I've always like the GT, and the Brera.

I will own an Alfa one day :band:

Brera?!?!?! (nips off to check merc trade values)

Looks lovely - but you've been saying you want more than two seats ... yes there is a back seat in the Brera - however you will see that unless there are midgets sitting in the front there is literally NO and I mean zero leg room in the back... gotta love that Alfa styling :cloud9::lol:

how about this for a bargain

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

failed mot on emissions and missfire, i reckon its an easy fix with a new set of coil packs for £120 possibly a new exhaust anywhere between £300-£600 more if you wanted. and maybe a can of bg44k and some 10k boost £35 all in.

fix and sell on or keep and play. its got special edition montreal 20" bbs wheels and looks in good nick and if it has no rust it should be in good nick. might need chain tensioners doing at £1k and gear box oil for £300, but at that it should be a solid runner for a long time.

Why buy a car Rich that needs work, I think Paul has had enough of mechanics, in any case he's not old enough yet for a Jaaaaaaaaaaaag.

Right, this is something I was looking at a while ago, strangely this is the only one on Autotrader, but you want the V6 version.

http://autotrader.mobi/used-cars/advert ... eabugvpgd5