When your car breaks.........you need a solution

Ricey

Want want want want......sorry rich v8 can kiss my ass

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

You know what you've found the icing on the cake.

It's a Zed but not as we know it Jim.

The G is a great car, refined and you may even be able to join in on some meets ;)

Good price and mileage.

Ditch the Merc and get back to Jap :#1:

Seriously buy it :clap:

Whats the worst that can happen? The Alfa breaks and I have myself a little breakers yard business to start up :lol:

Merc garage have been notified .......I await their response. They seemed pretty thankful that I was still being reasonable rather than going nuclear at them.

Just ordered some oil for the Alfa for a little drop and drink.........£45!!!!!!!! Trust me to find a car that needs 10w60 fully synth oil!

I owned two Alfas in the dark days of 80's and 90's.

They were an Alfasud 1.5Ti and a Alfa GTV6 2.5. Both were fine cars IMHO, and not entirely rubbish in terms of reliability. Yes there were some issues - I broke 3rd gear and prop shaft donuts on the GTV6 - a common problem, and odd electrical solenoid fails (and an electrical FIRE :scare: on the M1) with the Alfasud, but engines in both were mechanically great.

Bodywork on the otherhand was entirely as expected reputation - both cars decayed far worse than any car I've ever seen or owned. I believe the Romans when they came to Britain had the same issues with armour and mental health - they prefered a sunny climate :lol: So it was with my Alfas.

However, Alfa after being acquired by Fiat made great strides in body protection, and apparently they are as good as any other car now.

As Clarkson said: Every petrol head has to own at least one Alfa in their life :lol:

Oil changed and me most ridiculously inaccessible air filter cleaned (nice surprise I found a k&n filter lurking in there......pretty clean too).

Whilst I need to make it clear that I fully acknowledge that she will break down at some point.......that 4 pot is one really lovely sounding engine!

In a strange coincidence, the folks just got one of these last week (slightly lower miles but same engine and everything) to replace an ancient dead Saab.

In short, without even driving it I now want one as a daily so the Zed can become a garage queen :lol:

In true Alfa style it has already broken though; I spent half of saturday with all the doors apart trying to get the windows to start working again, but they did so it's all fine :thumbs:

DB