The Olympic flame.

Keyser

I didn't go out to see it on purpose but I had a call out to site at 10 to blooming 5 tonight!!!! :bangin::surrender:

It just so happens that the flame was passing outside the office block and they have a flat roof so I got a fairly good view.

So some pictures (from my phone) for anyone that likes that sort of thing :)

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

:thumbs:

I saw it on Poole Quay after work this evening - had said I didn't really want to go, but glad I did in the end - good atmosphere :)

/rant

Still can't quite believe how heavily BMW feature in the procession, considering how many vehilcles we still make/assemble in this country - have we no pride in our manufacturing industry? :rant:

/end rant

When I went in Aberdeen I went with my family. We had a table in my dads mates italian restaurant so I drank peroni, ate veal and even had a tirimasu whilst watching the full show and the flame arrive.

I didn't really have much expectations but actually enjoyed myself, it was good to see and the city was really buzzing with the whole event.

This was my view for the whole thing. We had all the French doors open all evening.

310762c7.jpg

Like it could have been a Mini if BMW insisted on sponsoring the event - at least they're assembled here. Or even a Rolls for that matter - doesn't get more british than that, really.

Or a Honda or Nissan, assembled in the UK, and with panels made from steel produced in the UK etc.

Or a Jaguar, or Land Rover/Range Rover etc.

We still do some of this stuff really well, we just aren't proud enough of it to show it off when we get a chance.

That was my point really ;)

Still can't quite believe how heavily BMW feature in the procession, considering how many vehilcles we still make/assemble in this country - have we no pride in our manufacturing industry? :rant:

/end rant

Like??

Sadly, that was probably the case too. BMW can provide a ton of support vehicles at the drop of a hat, and were probably happy to suck up the losses knowing that every day those vehicles would be on the tellybox :(

I'm not sure if I'd prefer UK-built cars at a higher cost, or foreign ones for less. Neither is a perfect scenario really.