Doogyrev's Canadian Adventure

DoogyRev

Sooo we went to Peachland, yes its a real place lol.gif ........... Click

Guess what they sell there................

peachland01.jpg

peachland02.jpg

Its in the heart of the Okanagan Valley, which is the fruit growing capital of BC coolio.gif Needless to say we filled the boot with fruit drove home....... a nice 10 hour drive there and back lol.gif

The roads through the mountains were fantastic, but did not get many good photos thumbdown.gif

This was rush hour........

DSC_0593.JPG

........ seriously NOT joking, we saw about 20 cars or trucks every hour lol.giflol.gif

Im not sure how many hours it is to fly but it looks like a completely different world. Good to hear your settling in though grin.gif

Its only 10 hours 1.gif After being here for a month, it very much like Scotland or Wales, but EVERYTHING is bigger - Roads, Cars, Trucks, Mountains, Ice Cream, Burgers, Onions (Saw some as big as the average persons head scared.gif ) Squirrels, Robins... you get the idea thumbs.gif

Even the Barbecue's are bigger.... here is our one that I have spent the last 2.5 hours putting together yahoo.gifyahoo.gif

bbq.JPG

Bring on the Steak cloud9.gif

... and not its not staying in the lounge lol.gif

Perhaps I should mention the downsides.......

1. Missing my Family :console: and Friends (a little) :stir: .... :lol:

2. The Kettle takes for ever to boil as its only 110v here :dry:

3. Most people cant drive for Toffee, utterly appalling, really need to keep your wits about you :surrender:

..... errr thats it :thumbs:

:lol:

3. Most people cant drive for Toffee, utterly appalling, really need to keep your wits about you :surrender:

That's because there's so few cars, just wander all over the road. :lol::scare:

He's gone for good :byebye:

Can you blame him. :cloud9: Looks very like NZ. :#1:

I dont know if it me, but the light here in BC seems very different from the UK. Here are a few shots of the garden......

This Morning......

light-04.jpg

light-05.jpg

This evening ........

light-01.jpg

light-02.jpg

light-03.jpg

Its a shame we dont have a "sunrise" or "sunset" view as I think we have missed some stunning ones dry.gif Oh well, they will be even more special when I do capture them coolio.gif

Edit: Hark at me moaning already lol.gif

Ok so we fired up the BBQ today.........

bbq2.jpg

So we have, Fresh Salmon, BBQ Ribs, Pork Chops, Spicy Italian Sausages, Burgers and Steak, all washed down with a few beers coolio.gif

OMG.... I am never cooking in the oven ever again 1a.gif

Ok so we fired up the BBQ today.........

bbq2.jpg

So we have, Fresh Salmon, BBQ Ribs, Pork Chops, Spicy Italian Sausages, Burgers and Steak, all washed down with a few beers B)

OMG.... I am never cooking in the oven ever again :#1:

so cost of that little lot here would be over £30 methinks ? (i don't do the shopping though)

what was the equivalent cost there Jim ? (just to make us all even more jelous) :surrender: