looking

snoged

hi

im looking to buy a 350 i have a budjet of 10k what should i expect for that amount ? and i would love to have black (which seem to be a bit scarce)

thanks for any input !

You should be able to get a decent zed for that kind of money. What is important to you? Carlin was selling a stock black one for that kind of money but I think his has gone. Mine went up for sale today but is a little above you budget. However, it is a fantastic example, low mileage, black and has a long list of expensive and sought after mods :thumbs:

If I can help anymore drop me a line :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=63413

wow ! great response ..as you can see thats my first post here (formally a member of the Honda Prelude & Mitsubishi FTO forums)

im looking to spend all that on the car,back up money for un expected repairs under the bed,i have looked on Autotrader but didnt find too much to be honest (but looking daily)i have not tryed Piston heads but that will be my next stop. Little concerned about the "major" service am i better buying a car that has alrady had this done ? and can prove it ? also should i avoid the imports ?

many thanks ..

Don't worry too much about imports, if it has all the relevant documentation, has been converted for use on UK roads (mph etc) and has everything you want, it'll be just the same as a UK car, except the slightly higher insurance premium, but that should be offset by saving a grand or 2 not he price. You have £10k to spend so for that kind of money you won't even be looking at imports and should be able to get a well looked after UK GT model '06+ for that kind of cash in Kuro black.

As for the big service, there are 3 service levels on the 350, P1, P2 and P3, P1 is oil and oil filter, there other 2 just include the air filter as well and the only difference between the P2 and P3 is an addition check or two that won't even be performed/is performed at P2 anyway. Quote I got from Nissan main dealer was £170 for P1 and £230 for P2 with the P3 being £20 more. Have a good look through the service history and make sure it's been serviced every 9k/1 year, not every year and having done 15k or something ridiculous. There is no real way to prove the service has been done except whats in the service manual or if the service has just been done and you look at the air filter and it's filthy. Depending where you located, there are quite a few Zed experts on this forum who will service your car at a much higher level than a dealers for cheaper or you could simply purchase the OEM service parts from them and do it yourself.

Have a good read at this thread, it will detail many of the things to look out for when viewing potential Zeds: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23843

Good luck finding your perfect car :thumbs:

many many thanks for all the help/advice and some good info from Z Fanatic ill prob.be back soon with some more questions thanks again & ill post how i get on

Z fanatic is his status mate - I think you mean Kyle. :thumbs:

You should get a nice zed for that money. Its a buyers market and prices have come down a lot so my advice is to hold out, look at lots of cars and wait til you find a gem.

I warn you when you take a test drive and hear the noise you will be like, omg ive got to have it but keep a sensile head and look for the perfect car. They are out there.

Also check the for sale ads here on the forum. You can guarantee the car will have been looked after and will have a history we can comment on

Quote I got from Nissan main dealer was £170 for P1 and £230 for P2 with the P3 being £20 more. Have a good look through the service history and make sure it's been serviced every 9k/1 year, not every year and having done 15k or something ridiculous. There is no real way to prove the service has been done except whats in the service manual or if the service has just been done and you look at the air filter and it's filthy. Depending where you located, there are quite a few Zed experts on this forum who will service your car at a much higher level than a dealers for cheaper or you could simply purchase the OEM service parts from them and do it yourself.

Have a good read at this thread, it will detail many of the things to look out for when viewing potential Zeds: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23843

Beware robbing Nissan stealers!! ^^

Good luck with the hunting - with your budget you'll have no problem finding something decent :thumbs: Happy zedding :teeth::drive1

Quote I got from Nissan main dealer was £170 for P1 and £230 for P2 with the P3 being £20 more. Have a good look through the service history and make sure it's been serviced every 9k/1 year, not every year and having done 15k or something ridiculous. There is no real way to prove the service has been done except whats in the service manual or if the service has just been done and you look at the air filter and it's filthy. Depending where you located, there are quite a few Zed experts on this forum who will service your car at a much higher level than a dealers for cheaper or you could simply purchase the OEM service parts from them and do it yourself.

Beware robbing Nissan stealers!! ^^

Good luck with the hunting - with your budget you'll have no problem finding something decent :thumbs: Happy zedding :teeth::drive1

I'm wary of the stealers as everyone should be, but I only went to them as i'd only just bought the car and my cousins fiancé is a mechanic there and did all the work himself. Infact I got my P3 for sub £100 including a stamp in the book :yahoo: Next service I will be getting him to do out of hours, but this time I wanted to have it done officially due to some corrosion on the bonnet and me trying my luck at a late warranty claim ;)

It's a good looking car, looks to be in near mint condition and nice low miles as Vik said, but it's over priced by at least £1500. It's a pre facelift so has the engine with the least power and doesn't have the upgraded interior or bixenon lights, but depending when it was registered, you may be paying facelift tax prices for a pre facelift car. Here in Northern Ireland we don't use the 06/56 plate business so i'm not 100% what month each of those plates comes into effect. That ones an 06, so someone else here should be able to let you know which tax bracket it will be in.

Agreed. That car doesn't have Rays wheels, bi xenon lights, don't like the single exit exhaust and the imo alzean leather that does not go with black cars!

You think? I'd love Alezan in my Kuro.

Agreed. That car doesn't have Rays wheels, bi xenon lights, don't like the single exit exhaust and the imo alzean leather that does not go with black cars!

You think? I'd love Alezan in my Kuro.

Don't like it with a black zed at all; don't thin they should of chosen a smilier calliper colour either - all down to personal opinion though. I could of sold my Bride seats three times over if I took the Alzean leather but I couldn't bring myself to put it in my black zed and I am selling mine. :lol:

mmmm all this info im taking on board,would have thought that was a good buy ! think i better wait,listen & learna bit more from you guys before i part with my cash and find out later i could have bought btter.

many thanks :thumbs: