What's faster? ST or 350z??

Joeycuz

I had a focus ST-3 running around 315bhp before I sold it for my 57 plate, 308 350z.

Question is, what would you lot say is quicker? I felt the ST has the edge when accelerating whilst moving. Probably because of the turbo. But apart from that I can't really see that much difference.

Has anyone else driven the ST and what are your thoughts?

I love this zed to bits but Would love it even more if it had FI. :)

To add some perspective myself and the g man were on track with his friend who had a focus rs(new one) with semi slicks and he was slower round raf valley than us. Very fast through corners

not so quick on the straights.

To add some perspective myself and the g man were on track with his friend who had a focus rs(new one) with semi slicks and he was slower round raf valley than us. Very fast through corners

not so quick on the straights.

yes but yours is far from stock and isn't g man in a 370Z ?

Over 300bhp is a lot for an ST to run. Many reports of liner issues and we have seen a few.

A 350 would out handle the ST and torque steer is annoying but plenty of boost and an ST would win :thumbs:

There could be a Focus that went fast enough to time travel, and i still wouldn't be seen dead in it :lol:

I do think the focus rs looks mean and the only problem for me is that it isn't 4wd like the old cossie. Obviously it's been engineered well but I think 4wd would help it sell more

Yep rich, that's true but I honestly thought I was going to be pumped by it. It was just a perspective that a st is alot slower than the rs and the ra is probably a pretty good match for a reasonably tuned n/a zed.

The 'feeling' wuicker will be a lot to do with the FI Boost as N/A engine are generally so linear....

+1 the turbo thrust must really give an impression of going into warp.

It is a scrabblewagon though so whether if can put the power down is another question.

There could be a Focus that went fast enough to time travel, and i still wouldn't be seen dead in it :lol:

I do think the focus rs looks mean and the only problem for me is that it isn't 4wd like the old cossie. Obviously it's been engineered well but I think 4wd would help it sell more

Yep rich, that's true but I honestly though I was going to be pumped by it. It was just a perspective that a st is alot slower than the rs and the ra is probably a pretty good match for a reasonably tuned n/a zed.

you also have to take the driver in to account a car is nothing if the driver doens;t know how to make the most of it.

Yep rich, that's true but I honestly though I was going to be pumped by it. It was just a perspective that a st is alot slower than the rs and the ra is probably a pretty good match for a reasonably tuned n/a zed.

you also have to take the driver in to account a car is nothing if the driver doens;t know how to make the most of it.

The rs driver is a self proclaimed track whore and as I could see a very good driver.

As per the op's initial post. On paper the zeds faster. The rest is down to car(how well it's running) and driver.

You can always compare them on here, and see which one is better.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/

As far as i can tell the 07+ 350z seems to be better matched with the Focus RS in standard form.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/ford_fo ... mk_ii.html

Of course a tuned ST is different but a bog standard 350z compared to a bog standard ST. The 350z would win. Though there doesnt seem to be much track information for the ST.

Whilst I'd ignore an ST, I'd love a Kermit Green RS on the driveway :cloud9:

There is something about it ! They look scary coming up behind you also, the arches are huge on it an the front looks evil.

Been down this route many times...

...at the end of the day there are multitudes of cars faster than a Zed, but thats not why you get one. If you want a fast car for under £15k then get yourself an Evo or similar which makes an ST look like a shopping trolley.

A Zed has decent performance, but at the end of the day no one really gives a rats ar$e when an ST drives down the road - a Zed though is a whole different prospect, less common, timeless looks, great sound :thumbs: