Taxi anyone? **updated 15/08**

Ricey

My new mobile......I so happy :cloud9:

E500 5l V8, 74k, full service history, just had all 16 plugs done (at 25 bob a plug :blackeye: ), oil service and tranny fluid replaced.

- Full leather

- Birds eye maple (for

- dynamic seats (seat bolsters tighten and then pull into you in corners)

- massaging seats

- electric memory seats

- dual done front and rear climate control

- double panoramic glass roof with solar panels and retracting blinds

- boot big enough for 2 dead bodies (should the need ever arise)

- unmarked AMG alloys

- falkens on rear and ditch finders on the front (with optional tyre scrap glued back on :dry: )

- private plate

- 4x elec windows

- sat nav/cd player thingy

- airmatic suspension with adjustable ride height and 3 modes (normal, sport , very sport).

- quad exhaust

- a few optional bumps and scratches but the old girl is nearly 10

All for the princely sum of £5700 delivered from daaaansaaaf. In true ricey style I purchased this potential money pit blind and without test driving........kahunas? I got em!

Major shout out to dblock and biscuit for advice and encouragement!

Full works today, snowfoam, wash, clayed, de tarred, machine polished, Poorboys white diamond glaze, dodo white wax (coconut one) and all the other crap you have to do to get a car looking nice!

0cf079df.jpg

32f9cb8d.jpg

2108d859.jpg

16ecf157.jpg

4d01ad91.jpg

66db0fae.jpg

71b5cb40.jpg

e9c5b4c7.jpg

Vroom vroom :teeth:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldnt normally be mine either Dave but I fancy wafting for a bit and this has the advantage of tweaking a few dials and making it a pretty focused car for a big old bus.

After the Z4 my poor old back needs a bit of tlc :wheelchair:

Wouldnt normally be mine either Dave but I fancy wafting for a bit and this has the advantage of tweaking a few dials and making it a pretty focused car for a big old bus.

Oh yes i completely 'get it' mate and we all know how much you wanted to get out of the Z4...

It is a HUGE amount of car for the money, complete and utter wafting luxury and plenty of power to boot :clap:

........kahunas? I got em!

So does JBD stand for Jolly Big Doodahs :shrug::teeth:

looking very nice :thumbs: welcome to the V8 club :teeth: and the luxo-barge club :lol: and the money pit club :blush::lol:

Speaking of which I've already got a bit of a worry.....it's very slightly sort of 'hunting' at low rpm when acceleration should be smooth....it must be less than 50 rpm but its a little worrying.

Gear changes are all sweet and it goes like sheeeeet of a shovel if you give it some but none the less it could be the dreaded torque converter problem :scare:

have you run a can of BG44k through it yet, give the injectors a good clean out or take it to a terra clean outlet and have them run a some special fluid through it. or do both.

i'm enjoying slight hesitation before kick down. :doh: new problem to fix :lol:

Not yet mate but I will do.

I'm just kacking myself that it's the valeo radiator/glycol/torque converter problem though.

In saying that surely the gear changes and acceleration would be affect if that was fooked.

0 to a particularly fast speed which would not be legal in the uk was about 9 seconds......I thought I was going back in time at one point!

in sport mode or any mode to be honest if you plant it are there any issues with kick down? does it kick down every time? that would be the first signs

Aside from the fact it pins my testicals to the seat massager....no. It drops and goes off like a rocket

then the torque converter wouldn't be worrying me at the moment, i'd be looking at fuelling and injectors first. might even be something like an idler pully needs adjusting (if it has one; don;t know the mercs V8's that well).

possibly first thing would be to plug OBDII into it and see if there are any stored codes on there. not all faults kick up the engine warning light, so it might give you an idea if it has the odd missfire etc.