Taxi anyone? **updated 15/08**

Ricey

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and also got a 'add one liter of oil at next fuel stop' warning......on my apparently freshly changed oil.

I'd change the oil yourself IMO its super duper easy.

There is no dipstick so when you put in the key press the reset button 3 times when on the tempreture display. It will show you the battery voltage. Now scroll up till it shows you loads of info including the oil level. Turn the key once and then scroll back to it and it will show you in litres what you have. This is only accurate when cold and level though.

Oh and also got a 'add one liter of oil at next fuel stop' warning......on my apparently freshly changed oil.

I'd change the oil yourself IMO its super duper easy.

There is no dipstick so when you put in the key press the reset button 3 times when on the tempreture display. It will show you the battery voltage. Now scroll up till it shows you loads of info including the oil level. Turn the key once and then scroll back to it and it will show you in litres what you have. This is only accurate when cold and level though.

man that is cool.

as for the oil i'd od a change :thumbs:

I cannot believe how nimble this car is you know.......stick it in sport, lower the suspension to lowest setting an it really does feel planted!

I thought I'd make sure it was definitely pulling as it should when the kick down comes in :scare: ......pants ruined.

• 1 month later...

And the hateful bag of @*!# has driven off into the sunset.

£5700 purchase price

£1500 repairs

£70 odd bits of crap for it.

£4300 sale price

£425 back from original dealer

Total loss - £2545 in less than a month.

BMW Z4 purchased December 2011.............total loss if your looking back to that = :headhurt:

I know we're all anti soot chucker in sports car guise on here but I think the engine works really well in the TT especially with the quattro..........I've also bagged a Scorp stainless exhaust which apparently makes it sound a bit better!

And the hateful bag of @*!# has driven off into the sunset.

£5700 purchase price

£1500 repairs

£70 odd bits of crap for it.

£4300 sale price

£425 back from original dealer

Total loss - £2545 in less than a month.

BMW Z4 purchased December 2011.............total loss if your looking back to that = :headhurt:

I know we're all anti soot chucker in sports car guise on here but I think the engine works really well in the TT especially with the quattro..........I've also bagged a Scorp stainless exhaust which apparently makes it sound a bit better!

£2.5K loss in 1 month :scare: Might as well go and buy a M5 and your loss less money in the same amount of time :)

Cheers Chris.

I've got a 12 month warranty on the Audi which I've bought on bubble so I can swap it every so often. £290 a month but ultimately I get a nice new car that looks great, drives great, does 50mpg, costs £120 to tax and will hopefully sound alright once I get the exhaust on it!

I know its a soot chucker but I really wanted that over the petrol as I just perfer torque to outright screaming performance - plus the Zed is always on tap if needs be.

And I've got my lovely Alfa which is still my bestest friend.

Cheers Chris.

I've got a 12 month warranty on the Audi which I've bought on bubble so I can swap it every so often. £290 a month but ultimately I get a nice new car that looks great, drives great, does 50mpg, costs £120 to tax and will hopefully sound alright once I get the exhaust on it!

I know its a soot chucker but I really wanted that over the petrol as I just perfer torque to outright screaming performance - plus the Zed is always on tap if needs be.

And I've got my lovely Alfa which is still my bestest friend.

What Audi have you gone for? Will keep an eye out for it.... mind you i never spotted the beemer or the merc while you had them :lol:

hope all goes well this time (you must have used up all yours and everyone elses bad luck by now) and I did spot your bestest favouristist friend the Alfa this morning.... from my office window though - or at least I think it was you, havent seen a similar one in that colour before.

Audi TT TDI quattro - Black with sort of blackish wheels (titanium I think its offcially called) and whore red leather interior (Carla actually asked me if it was really called 'whore red' :doh: )

That was most likely me - I dropped Carla off round the corner.

Once everything is all sorted out I need to try and arrange some sort of Chester meet I've not seen any fellow zedders since LakeZ 2011!