Hydro lock. Totally gutted.

shiney bits

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing Supra Hodge :thumbs: I recognised it straight away as a customer came into our place with print outs of your build thread to make his like yours! Are you taking it to Sunderland tomorrow?

Not sure if I'll be there dude. I'm at work until 10AM so wouldn't get there until 12 anyways and JNE or supra owners club doesn't have a stand so I'd have to leave it in the car park and I don't fancy that if I'm honest.

Do you he e a trade stand there then?

Been reading your thread and have felt so sorry for you, I hope you get it sorted one way or another. Well at least you've got this beauty to console yourself in :#1: That is a superb engine bay Shiney B):):thumbs::clap:

Things have improved a bit over the course of today.

I managed to sell my poor punto for 180 quid,

My new little pug 106 is now good to go, and I've even got a head unit in it now :)

I've stripped all the timing gear off the supra and replaced the tensioner. It's all back together now waiting for the rain to stop so she can go for a test flight.

This is how she's looking.

09262e40.jpg

Now we know why you chose your username B)

Things have improved a bit over the course of today.

I managed to sell my poor punto for 180 quid,

My new little pug 106 is now good to go, and I've even got a head unit in it now :)

I've stripped all the timing gear off the supra and replaced the tensioner. It's all back together now waiting for the rain to stop so she can go for a test flight.

This is how she's looking.

09262e40.jpg

Now we know why you chose your username B)

Thanks Vik

Can't wait to get her out for some WOT theropy.

It's going up for sale in a month or so.

still feel bad for you about the zed, but i do feel even less bad for you after seeing that picture. glad things are going better mate. are there any other pics of the supra anywhere

It was on the front cover of Jap performance magazine in December.

I'll stick a few more pics up for ya of the JP Photoshoot :D

Wow at your engine bay :thumbs: If I ever run out of clean plates I'll ask if I can borrow it to eat my dinner off :teeth:

Stay away from the downpipe and manifold then cos they get pretty damn hot, recon it will burn your dinner to a crisp lmao.

Wow at your engine bay :thumbs: If I ever run out of clean plates I'll ask if I can borrow it to eat my dinner off :teeth:

Stay away from the downpipe and manifold then cos they get pretty damn hot, recon it will burn your dinner to a crisp lmao.

Put dinner in a roasting tray and leave on engine to keep food piping hot :D

Put dinner in a roasting tray and leave on engine to keep food piping hot :D

Lol.

UPDATE ON THE ZED.

Well I've had the insurance company on the phone and they recon it will cost a little over 13K to repair, so it's getting wrote off. They have offered my slightly more Than expected so I'm pleased with that, BUT, they refused point black to sell me the car back.

So the state of play is, they are going to get intouch with the finance company and pay what they offered me off my finance. Don't think it will totally clear it though unfortunately.

So I'm in the market for a new Zed roadster soon :D

I have to say though, the insurance company have been great, nothing was a problem at all and couldn't help enough.

So that's the current state of play folks, more updates soon.

Sorry to hear it's being written off but not surprised really either, just as a matter of interest who is your insurer?

UPDATE ON THE ZED.

Well I've had the insurance company on the phone and they recon it will cost a little over 13K to repair, so it's getting wrote off. They have offered my slightly more Than expected so I'm pleased with that, BUT, they refused point black to sell me the car back.

So the state of play is, they are going to get intouch with the finance company and pay what they offered me off my finance. Don't think it will totally clear it though unfortunately.

So I'm in the market for a new Zed roadster soon :D

I have to say though, the insurance company have been great, nothing was a problem at all and couldn't help enough.

So that's the current state of play folks, more updates soon.

UPDATE ON THE ZED.

I'm intrigued by this. Why would they not be willing to recover some of their losses by selling the car back to you. It doesn't quite make sense to me for a car with only a knackered engine that can be fixed with a rebuild to be scrapped. Was there more damage caused by the water?

I read somewhere recently that insurance companies in the US have been hit big time by flooded write-offs coming back on the market, presumably with temp fixes, only to find as time passes the water damage manifests itself into major repair work I guess. Maybe there is an agreement amongst insurers here that they will only sell such cars to breakers for that purpose?

I read somewhere recently that insurance companies in the US have been hit big time by flooded write-offs coming back on the market, presumably with temp fixes, only to find as time passes the water damage manifests itself into major repair work I guess. Maybe there is an agreement amongst insurers here that they will only sell such cars to breakers for that purpose?

He wouldn't go into detail, just told me it wasn't possible.

OHHHH well, I guess it's a nice new shiney Roadster on the cards. Maybe something slightly newer, sat nav model maybe???

I'm excited already, well sort of.