absolutely fuming, where do i stand on this?

theheff

i came down to my car today, having not used it for a week or so. its been left in the communal parking area.

it was covered in white paint spots, they have just repainted the block, they haven't flyered anyone, they have made no attempt to cover mine or anyone else's car. they just started painting. there is even a few paint brush marks on the back of it. the rear was against a fence!!

this is the damage

where the car was parked in relation to the painting

7f3b0768.jpg

cde5e0f7.jpg

d4f8eb00.jpg

efd4dafb.jpg

efd4dafb.jpg

the paint brush marks

e87494e1.jpg

cbb818ef.jpg

im emailing them now telling them i want a respray or at the very least a full top of the line detail.

utter **** take.

plus a professional painting firm should be aware of what happens with paint, knowingly painting while peoples cars are there makes this reckless criminal damage.

im emailing them now telling them i want a respray or at the very least a full top of the line detail.

utter **** take.

plus a professional painting firm should be aware of what happens with paint, knowingly painting while peoples cars are there makes this reckless criminal damage.

You shouldn't need a respray mate, just someone like Wasso to give it the attention it needs. :thumbs:

My brother had a similar problem with a neighbour who did some painting which put white spots all over his silver lotus elise and even managed to puncture his rear tyre . What's even worse was he at home at the time, so if he was made aware would of moved it!

I hope you get something out of them.

This happened to me on Thursday but with cement luckily it washed off but that's not the point, people don't seem to care about other people property any more. Iv said this before but it just seems you can't have nice things anymore because people just don't give a toss. I took the issue to the boss of the company who lives nearby just so he could ask his workers to be carefull or even ask me to move my car off of my private drive before mixing cement to be told these things happen, it's difficult to say what to do really

clay bar will remove it, but i'd be charging them for the labour to do it, why should you have to bust a ball for someone elses screw up.

get wasso from pristine detailing to write you a quote for the work, especially if its on headed paper, and send them the bill and the photos, explaining you will be expecting a check in the next 28 days. thats not an unreasonable ask.

The best point you need to use is that brush mark! I had a similar problem with my wife's car last year in a public car park where they had stained a fence close to it and ruined the bumper. I tried the criminal damage line but you have to prove intent either towards us or transfered malice if it was towards someone else and we got damaged in the process. Proving they were wreckless is just as hard as you would need someone to say they saw them acting in that way. However how can they say it was accidental if there is a brush mark on your car when it is parked away from the wall??? Looks to me as if someone has noticed a mark and tried to rub it off with a paint brush, also the owner of the courtyard must be bouncing too due to the state of the paving! I'd contact them.

That poor civic must look like a dalmation on the nearside!!!!

Right, had a bit of a result out of this.

The painter turned up with a bucket and sponge ready to clean the cars he had painted. I fortunately contacted the management company and told them in no uncertain terms if he touched my car then I'd touch him, and it wouldnt be with a bucket and sponge.

I told him I was going to get it professionally done and he would pick up the bill. In fairness to him he had no arguments at all and accepted this.

I got in touch with wasso. Lovely bloke and very helpful, unfortunaly due to locations it was not possible. He said he was touring the south west at the end of July but was too far away (plus massive work commitments during that period) for me and travelling there wasn't really practical.

I contacted a company called MJ Payne! Based in benfleet Essex, to those that are familiar with the area, home to that nutty roundabout made of other roundabouts with not a sign in sight.

Anyways, bloke turned up at mine this morning, he was a little shocked at how well the painter had covered the car but set about doing it.

I am very impressed with the work he's done, I've never been into washing cars properly, a sponge and water with a chamois afterwards has been the furthest I've gone. You don't notice the difference though until you see it washed properly. It feels so smooth now, I thought it was smooth before.

Overall the painter has done me a bit of a turn. But I think I'm gonna have to start washing the car properly from now on. I'll get pictures later.