350z Wanted - Ideally Black GT4

caladane

Hi All - First post, hope I'm doing this right...

Currently in the market for a Black 350z, ideally the GT4 version if there are any floating around. The additional extra 20BHP has become a strange obsession for some reason.

Bizarre really, because I'm currently rocking a 1.8 Mondeo and pretty much anything would be an upgrade at this point :)

I'm based in Suffolk, but willing to travel for the right Z. Mileage not too much of a concern as long as reasonably well looked after. Happy to consider Azures and Grey too, and would prefer the reg to be around 2005 if possible.

I probably cant be picky with my budget at around £6k but potentially can extend by another 1 or 2K for the right car.

Very excited at the prospect of joining the Z club. If anyone has anything that might fit the bill please let me know, or otherwise feel free to point me in the right direction :blush:

Thanks for the Welcome guys - Good to know expectations are already out of whack :D

How significant a premium does that GT4 put on top of the normal versions? Are we talking £10K plus?

Either way, happy to lower expectations to Black/Azure non-GT4 then in the 6-8K range if possible.

Thanks for the Welcome guys - Good to know expectations are already out of whack :D

How significant a premium does that GT4 put on top of the normal versions? Are we talking £10K plus?

Either way, happy to lower expectations to Black/Azure non-GT4 then in the 6-8K range if possible.

You should be able to find a 2004/05 Blue / Black Zed in that price range.... :thumbs:

Thing is, even if the GT4 didn't hold a premium (which it does) they're still 2005 cars, and I think you'd really struggle to even find a regular 2005 UK GT-spec car for £6k. Unfortunately you've also chosen the two colours that carry a slight premium, lol.

For £6k I'd be looking at imports, as UK cars for £6k will mostly be galactic mileage or CAT D etc. If you can stretch to £8k you'll get a solid 2004/5 UK car :thumbs:

DB

If you really sniff around you'll get a UK GT for 6k but expect moon and back milage

Otherwise as said above your then into import/CAT D/Intergalactic Milage

Also remember (no disrespect) your buying at the dreg end of the market at 6k so push the budget as far as you can and get something that is solid and nice.

A new clutch or a knackered engine suddenly makes a 6k car look expensive :thumbs:

Nice one here ;)http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=60222

About to go down to £7750 with some parts removed :thumbs:

Nice one here ;)http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=60222

About to go down to £7750 with some parts removed :thumbs:

What a looooooooverly example, I wonder who's it is ;)

Nice to meet you Vik - I spotted that one earlier and wasn't sure it was still available or not.

I'm only reading good things about it at this point :)

Where are you based approx? My missus is doing the 3 peaks challenge this weekend and will be all over the UK. ( That didn't quite come out right...)

If it's a gt4 your after I've been considering selling mine. Would need alot more than 6 k to tempt me. Like the ones on pistonheads mines got extremely low mileage. It's a shame really but just don't get the chance to drive it.

Other than that your best bet is scouring the pistonhead adverts, you'll probably find a higher mileaged gt for the upper bracket of your budget.

GT4's only came in black or yellow, but I think that you are mistaking the GT4 as being special in having the extra 20bhp. They were just the first version to get the revup engine, all facelift Zed's in 06 have the revup and a slightly upgraded interior and a few exterior bits, the 07 facelift is a new engine providing an additional 10bhp onto of the revup.

So really any facelift model is what you are looking for, but I think they'll start at about £8k and are in the higher tax bracket.

For £6k you should be able to get a reasonable non GT '03/04 Zed with decent mileage (under 60k), but you're looking closer to £7k for a similar condition GT. If you don't mind an import, you should be able to pick up an '03/04 for under £6k pretty easily depending on the spec.

Good look hunting :)

GT4's only came in black or yellow, but I think that you are mistaking the GT4 as being special in having the extra 20bhp. They were just the first version to get the revup engine, all facelift Zed's in 06 have the revup and a slightly upgraded interior and a few exterior bits, the 07 facelift is a new engine providing an additional 10bhp onto of the revup.

Thanks Kyle - That's some great info right there. Looks like I'll up the budget a little bit and aim for the 2006 onwards.

Thanks Kyle - That's some great info right there. Looks like I'll up the budget a little bit and aim for the 2006 onwards.

There isn't a huge jump in power with the revup but the biggest bonus is the bulge bonnet (more aggressive) dual intakes (more noise) and better interior quality, other than that not a lot of difference really.... tax is almost double though :scare:

There isn't a huge jump in power with the revup but the biggest bonus is the bulge bonnet (more aggressive) dual intakes (more noise) and better interior quality, other than that not a lot of difference really.... tax is almost double though :scare:

You mean the HR rather than the Rev-up right? Pretty sure the Rev-up still only has one intake and the regular bonnet :shrug:

DB