How do you stop....?

SparksCW

If I had a crystal ball, I would have bought a cayman s instead, however it is what it is lol. I could sell my 370z and get a cayman s but with my budget around 22k... I would be looking at an older cayman s maybe 07 plate.

Did you not drive the Cayman S before buying then? I drove a boggo Cayman on track and found it very similar to the 370z handling and performance wise, and drove the Cayman S on the road and didnt really find it any different to the non-S, certainly not enough to justify the premium for it. For around the same price as a few year old Cayman S, the 370 just won it for me as I could get one brand new. I wasnt wholey convinced I'd made the right decision though until it had the new exhaust and UpRev, then once broken in it feels great :teeth:

If I had a crystal ball, I would have bought a cayman s instead, however it is what it is lol. I could sell my 370z and get a cayman s but with my budget around 22k... I would be looking at an older cayman s maybe 07 plate.

Did you not drive the Cayman S before buying then? I drove a boggo Cayman on track and found it very similar to the 370z handling and performance wise, and drove the Cayman S on the road and didnt really find it any different to the non-S, certainly not enough to justify the premium for it. For around the same price as a few year old Cayman S, the 370 just won it for me as I could get one brand new. I wasnt wholey convinced I'd made the right decision though until it had the new exhaust and UpRev, then once broken in it feels great :teeth:

I got to try the boxster s black edition as they didnt have the cayman s and its suposidly a similar engine. I liked it... but when I saw the white 370z up for sale I fell in love with it and I also got a cracking deal on it :blush: I think I just need to make the 370 more personalised and defo get the induction kit and rev done :teeth:

I have just re-thought this one through.

I would still have a GTR, even though all the owners at the Nissan HQ were a bunch of tw@ts.

But I've always wanted a skyline/GTR so that changes it for me.

I would be hard pressed to buy a beamer as they all seem like tools too.

i'm in a similar position, sold my 350 recently and tryin got decide what to go for next, What puts me off a brand new 370 is the depreciation, so i'm looking at one for around 18-20k, also looking at a S2 elise, or exige, elise probabley a 111R or SC'd if i can find one or a earlier s2 exige.

370 plus points are the looks and interior, loved my 350 to bits and know i'd love a 370 jsut as much

bad points are depreciation rates and repair rates if it goes wrong. (are the 370's gear boxes better than the 350's? dont want to replace one of them again!)

Elise/exige. plus points are cheap to run, fuel, tax etc. Plenty of power to weight, great fun. But would i miss the comforts that i loved about my 350.

Looked at caymans but they're out of my price range, plus porkas do nothing for me.

I have been looking at caymans as you all know... but for the first time last night I properly drove my 370z. I had a right sh!tty day at work and decided i was going to go the long way home and include the dukes pass B) WELL now I am impressed..... I properly hooned it and drove like it the way it should be driven. What else to say but WOW. Yes its not the quickest sports car you will ever be in... but it gave me a brilliant smile, which I defo needed. The best part was once I finished playing about... I cruised home on the motorway and got 31mpg.

So I am thinking... induction kit and rev up for future :blush:

Do it young man, you wont regret it! :drive1

I must agree if you dont push it, you can crack on at a decent speed still but the drive can be fairly boring. So I can see where you were coming from. Being more planted than the 350z and more refined, you have to really get the old girl going to get the feel that you are really driving. It lets you cruise at really quite a quick speed and still be boring at times. But this is good when you are doing a big trip using it as a GT car. It was excellent when we went across France last year, great progress, but good comfort too. The 350z wouldnt have been as nice to be in during that trip.

for the first time last night I properly drove my 370z. I had a right sh!tty day at work and decided i was going to go the long way home and include the dukes pass B) WELL now I am impressed..... I properly hooned it and drove like it the way it should be driven. What else to say but WOW. Yes its not the quickest sports car you will ever be in... but it gave me a brilliant smile.

From my last drive of that Pass I know exactly how you feel ;):D

p.s when I do get my 370Z, will I then want a GTR? I mean, I already want a GTR, in white obviously, but I am being reasonable with myself in running costs, however when I have the 370Z am I going to have this whole craving thing all over again? :scare:

Personal preference on this one. I have a 370, my brother has a GTR, whilst the GTR absolutely ruins the 370 I prefer my 370, it's a better looking car and actually a bit more exclusive. Again this is my personal preference before I get slated.

p.s when I do get my 370Z, will I then want a GTR? I mean, I already want a GTR, in white obviously, but I am being reasonable with myself in running costs, however when I have the 370Z am I going to have this whole craving thing all over again? :scare:

Personal preference on this one. I have a 370, my brother has a GTR, whilst the GTR absolutely ruins the 370 I prefer my 370, it's a better looking car and actually a bit more exclusive. Again this is my personal preference before I get slated.

+1 GTR IMHO is an awesome car but the 370 wins on looks (and it fits down our road...) :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

I think you need to look at the 370 like this (and obviously this isnt for everyone).

If you have a 350.......get something different.......otherwise you just end up with whats essentially a facelift 350 (albeit a very nice one). It'll never be enough of a step up in power or quality to justify the price.

If you don't have a 350 then GET a 370 because they are a newer version of what was a quality car. Sweet engine, beautiful looks and lovely interior.

Its just not different enough for me to buy one but its one of my favourite cars!

i dont agree with that at all.

i had a 350 for 3 years and looked at other cars to "upgrade" there was nothing out there for the price, quality, spec, drive, power ect....

i absolutely love my 370z.

i think that its enough of a change:-

looks

power

interior

spec

its totally different to drive too. (i have done wales in both)

i love it!! better that TT or Z4 ect!!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Me too 100%

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue! I love the 370z and the GTR. GTR though, you'll be going to fast on the road before you start enjoying it.

Those discussing the elise exige though- if you like the 350z/ z4 you'll hate the lotus. I had an S2 exige (NA) after waiting years and doing a lot of research. Despite the rock solid residuals, they are hugely unreliable (read-expensive), fragile (all that fibreglass is expensive too!) and completely impractical for everyday use with barely any rear/ side visibility and stone-like suspension. The ride is extremely harsh.

One example out of a looong string of issues, my air con broke- a pipe was leaking. This happens on most/ all S2 exiges. The fix required removal of the front clam (that's the entire bodywork of the front of the car) for a cost of £1k. Most of the bills were similar for stupidly minor fixes.

On the performance side, on a good, dry road or track they're great but with the engine behind you and low weight, it's hairy on real roads and doesn't inspire confidence with snap-off oversteer.

I still miss the looks and the insane noise mine used to make but I would never swap the 350 for another!

• 3 weeks later...

I feel totally the same to be honest.

For my next car I think I may look at a slightly older Jag XKR (Supercharged), seem to be able to get 06's with decent mileages for around 23k

More or less what i done, i traded in my 350z for a Jaguar XKR, was simply a car i always wanted to own so i scratched that itch. Lost a fortune when i had enough though, and realised what a mistake i made so wanted another 350.

Just happened into a dealers to see if they had any used 350s and ended up on test drive in a 370, after you try out a 370 and feel what feels like far more grip and an interior to die for in comparison i simply had to have it.

I bought that demonstrator which was fully kitted and only 900 miles on the clock for £24k, which is a massive saving over new, so that lessens the depreciation a bit.

Never regretted it for a single moment.

Hmmm…what didn't you like about the XKR mate?

Going from a Jap car to a handbuilt car is not the best move, you get lots of small gremlins creep up and after 2 years without a single issue with the 350Z it was a pain in the backside.

I have a heavy right foot so i really noticed the difference in fuel consumption as well, if you doddle about you can get close to 30mpg just like the Zed, but when you can press that accelerator hard in the floor and it kicks down and supercharger screams the front of the car physically lifts up, so its impossible to doddle about :drive1

And then the handling never feels confident.

But having umpteen things go wrong in about 10 months ownership soured the experience for me.

• 3 months later...

When I was looking for a new car, my sort list was 370z, Cayman S, Audi S5, Audi RS4 and M3. The 370z was only an 11 plate when the rest were 2009 or older. I bought the 370z not as raw as the 350z but you can drive it in comfort but when you have a bad day at work you can give it some beans and put a smile back on your face.

Go for 370Z you won't regret it

Edited by Hutch