How do you stop....?

SparksCW

The cravings for a something new?

I have a 350Z, I love it to bits and even though I'm saving for a house I can't really bring myself to actually sell it. I seriously want a 370Z though and now that I have paid my loan off and have no debt I keep getting tempted to finance again! (well, once the house is bought)

Can someone please tell me that the storm white 370z with 7 speed paddle shift and keyless entry is rubbish, that i dont want one and I'm better off spending my money on a hammock for the garden in the new house.

Thanks. :lol:

p.s when I do get my 370Z, will I then want a GTR? I mean, I already want a GTR, in white obviously, but I am being reasonable with myself in running costs, however when I have the 370Z am I going to have this whole craving thing all over again? :scare:

I have a 350Z, I love it to bits and even though I'm saving for a house I can't really bring myself to actually sell it. I seriously want a 370Z though and now that I have paid my loan off and have no debt I keep getting tempted to finance again! (well, once the house is bought)

Can someone please tell me that the storm white 370z with 7 speed paddle shift and keyless entry is rubbish, that i dont want one and I'm better off spending my money on a hammock for the garden in the new house.

You are quite correct the 7 speed flappy paddle is rubbish ;) However the storm white manual is the way forward :lol::blush:

p.s when I do get my 370Z, will I then want a GTR? I mean, I already want a GTR, in white obviously, but I am being reasonable with myself in running costs, however when I have the 370Z am I going to have this whole craving thing all over again? :scare:

the storm white 370z with 7 speed paddle shift and keyless entry is rubbish!!

Get the GTR.... :clap:

the storm white 370z with 7 speed paddle shift and keyless entry is rubbish!!

Get the GTR.... :clap:

and then sell your house to keep it running for a couple of years

I think you need to look at the 370 like this (and obviously this isnt for everyone).

If you have a 350.......get something different.......otherwise you just end up with whats essentially a facelift 350 (albeit a very nice one). It'll never be enough of a step up in power or quality to justify the price.

If you don't have a 350 then GET a 370 because they are a newer version of what was a quality car. Sweet engine, beautiful looks and lovely interior.

Its just not different enough for me to buy one but its one of my favourite cars!

I think you need to look at the 370 like this (and obviously this isnt for everyone).

If you have a 350.......get something different.......otherwise you just end up with whats essentially a facelift 350 (albeit a very nice one). It'll never be enough of a step up in power or quality to justify the price.

If you don't have a 350 then GET a 370 because they are a newer version of what was a quality car. Sweet engine, beautiful looks and lovely interior.

Its just not different enough for me to buy one but its one of my favourite cars!

i dont agree with that at all.

i had a 350 for 3 years and looked at other cars to "upgrade" there was nothing out there for the price, quality, spec, drive, power ect....

i absolutely love my 370z.

i think that its enough of a change:-

looks

power

interior

spec

its totally different to drive too. (i have done wales in both)

i love it!! better that TT or Z4 ect!!

For what a 370 costs, there is nothing to touch it in terms of pound to performance. If you can't afford or don't want to spend extra to move up a level, then the 370 is a great buy if you just fancy a new car. For me, it wasn't that different to justify the cost to change, and I decided that if I was going to change cars then I was going to do it properly.

Nothing wrong with either route really, each to their own and all that. Would rather pick up a base 370 than a GT86/BRZ, that's for sure.

Out the factory, the 370z isnt enough, but add in an exhaust and a remap and its head and shoulders above the 350z. Try a 370z out for a few days and get back into a 350z and the interior feels very very dated.

I personally didnt see the point in paying the extra £15k over a 370z I needed to spend to get a new Cayman S, so went for the 370z. Its all down to personal taste though.

Its a question thats down to personal taste I guess. The paper specs suggest the 370 is not far off a z4m in performance terms and if thats so it must be quite a bit faster than a 350 judging from my track performance against one.

There is more to the driving experience than speed though and I would have to drive one to know what I think. Im not going to do that until im ready to change as I might not like the answer! However thats exactly what the op should do as its probably a personal judgement. I suspect that for users with a 313 model it will not be worth it but people with a 274 which might also be down on power then the 330 brake of the 370 will satisfy the butt dyno

For some reason the 370z doesnt turn me on at all. The thing is that I could see me buying one but I wouldnt sell my 350z. It would be parked in the drive next to it. I'm currently having a mental dilemma of whether to buy a boxster s or not to replace the suzuki swift sport. Was away looking at some other cars but put myself off as i'd rather drop 30k into a house than another car as I already have my toy.

i had a 350 for 3 years and looked at other cars to "upgrade" there was nothing out there for the price, quality, spec, drive, power ect....

looks

power

interior

spec

......"not for everyone" ;)

I think Jay might agree with me!

looks

power

interior

spec

......"not for everyone" ;)

I think Jay might agree with me!

Yeah I think jays a bit bored of it already.

Its not a car for me. Its a bit like the r35 gtr... Its awesome but just doesnt do it for me and I wouldnt buy one. I would buy the r34 gtr first

I can see what you're all saying and when the time comes I may well consider an S2 Elise as well, however the main thing it comes down to is "bang for buck"

I can't see what else you can buy that looks that good, has all the toys and technology and drives so well, for that amount of money. I think the only real comparision is a Cayman S, and I don't really like Porche's :thumbdown: or a sales rep mobile like an Audi S4 or some kind of M3.

I do really like the Z4's also, but only the M version which is rather expensive last time I looked. But to be honest, I still prefer the 370Z in almost every way, especially in Storm white :thumbs:

Just seen this. If I am going to be brutally honest... I dont feel the 370z is worth the extra 13k that I paid to upgrade from my 350z. Yes its a nice place to be and it has been upgraded etc... but I feel it lacks in power and can be a little sluggish.

If I had a crystal ball, I would have bought a cayman s instead, however it is what it is lol. I could sell my 370z and get a cayman s but with my budget around 22k... I would be looking at an older cayman s maybe 07 plate.

So my thoughts is make the zed more unique like I did in my 350z and poss treat her to new set of wheel, induction and a rev up. Plus the insurance is pretty good and my mrs is actually quite good at driving it now :lol:

I could sell my 370z and get a cayman s but with my budget around 22k... I would be looking at an older cayman s maybe 07 plate.

this is what i looked at. the price of a cayman s is still quite high. looking at over 29k for a good, loved example. with the right spec and age.