New 370z

Hi - I'm new here. I'm about to pull the trigger on a 370z, so will be spending a lot of time on these forums looking for advice and sharing experiences etc.

I've had a string of fairly decent sports cars over the years but none that sound quite the same as that lovely 3.7 V6 :thumbs:

I've had a string of fairly decent sports cars over the years but none that sound quite the same as that lovely 3.7 V6 :thumbs:

Really?? The standard 370z is soooooo quiet as standard......

:welcome:

+1 new exhaust is a must :D Welcome to the forum... so where are you based?

Thanks for the replies guys......I'm in Leics, and will definitely be looking to change the exhaust (I think all the ones I've looked at must have had the exhaust changed :) )

Spec wise, I like to keep my cars standard but any tips/advice would be much appreciated :thumbs:

Thanks for the replies guys......I'm in Leics, and will definitely be looking to change the exhaust (I think all the ones I've looked at must have had the exhaust changed :) )

Spec wise, I like to keep my cars standard but any tips/advice would be much appreciated :thumbs:

what spec as a standard car? gt edition is fully loaded. colour??

Welcome to the forums! As others have said if you got the standard exhaust ( very quiet ) on there then it is a must change. You will find that we all are very good at spending other peoples money for them :lol:

Thanks again guys. I'm looking at used 370z's currently, on Autotrader, Pistonheads etc. the spec seems to vary a bit and as for colour, I've always been a fan of black, but am open to suggestions (I know you'll all be biased though!!)

What are the 'must haves' in terms of spec?

Welcome to the club - you will love the 370.

My recommendation is to get a later 370 with the connect premium, its the advanced sat nav system. Earlier 09 plates had the older system.

Latest GT edition has a quieter interior and more comfortable suspension but will be at the higher end of the price range.

40th Edition Black has a lovely red interior and darker alloys.

Either way buy it and enjoy but doooooooo change that stock exhaust, it makes no noise what so ever

Any questions fire away, my advice is to look around and wait for the perfect car. Prices have come down a lot and its a buyers market, especially with some garages slashing lots off the price of these cars ready for the newer GT editions / 2013 spec car.

Great advice, thanks. I'm trying to stretch my budget as much as possible.......so I'll take a detailed look at newer cars and start the process of justifying it to myself :teeth:

I've never found a problem justifying it to myself :lol: its justifying it to my Mrs thats always the problem :blush: