New Midlands Member

Hi everyone :wave:

Just thought I should sign up and say hello. I've been looking around this site over the last 11 months lusting over all of your cars whilst I've agonised over when to buy a 350z myself. I promised myself and my wife that I would only buy one if the lust disapeared...it didn't and 2 days ago I picked up my car.

It is hard to put into words just how thrilled I am to have one and be part of the experience!

Looking forward to learning more about my car and getting to know you all while hopefully not bothering you with too many stupid questions.

I've attached a piccie, sorry as it is off an awful blackberry but better than nothing. I'm sure I'll stick some more on here once I get it polished.

post-10171-135011923554_thumb.jpg

Actually I do have a question already while I have you reading....The car has full nisssan service history and I have every receipt for everything it has ever had done (I even have all of the original brochures and Nissan reprinted magazine articles). Do you think I should continue this trend or have it serviced by the same local mechanic I've used and trusted for years? Does it make sense to keep the Nissan history up in order to keep some kind of value added to the car or is it a false economy?

The key facts here are that the car has now done 172,000 and I don't see me selling it for many years so does the residual value of servicing really matter?

Sorry that was three questions in my first post.... :ban:

Nice mileage and nice looking car. As others have said, dont bother with main dealer servicing, just keep notes of what you have done and the receipts - for any buyer that will be as good as main dealer as they can see you have looked after it.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Obviously for a high miler it does have a couple of issues that I'll be looking at soon, Firstly is the stone chips across the nose of which there are plenty especially shown with the Azure paint. Then I have a slight tear on the bolster of the drivers side, which I was expecting. The money I save on cutting out the dealerships will go towards sorting these out. Well that is after the service and replacing the brakes. Then I need to treat myself to the bluetooth adapter.

Other than that it looks like it has been well cared for. As I mentioned the documentation I have is staggering... I even have the original invoice so I can see all of the options it had installed. The brochures,accessory guides, a 24hour diary of a test drive, roads to go and visit in the UK to get to know the 350z. I spent the first night reading for around 3 hours!

It will be an interesting first 12 months as I find out any niggles. You can all use me as a benchmark of how your cars will age!

Yes, the previous owner was a star, it has the GT pack and the rays as you can see but he also added on the original invoice the tonneau cover, the luggage net, aluminium kick plates and even the optional magnetic tax disc holder! The only aftermarket item I'm aware of is the Powerflow exhaust, sounds super.

Trying to get my garmin satnav to sit still in the area where the satnav option could go. It picks up a signal in there and that suprised me!

Things that i need to learn:

1) There is a 6th gear that I can use

2) Cruise control will save fuel instead of the smile inducing right pedal

3) Not to park too close to other cars as the doors open up wider than I think

welcome, its brillint to see a zed with some decent miles on it, looks great. you will love it. the forum is great, full of info and any parts you might need. i got the bluetooth adapter of the forum and bought a phone cradle. but when tryinh to figure out the cables , found another phone cradle under the centre console. so if you dont have a phone cradle il have one for sale, for much cheapness.. welcome again and all the best

welcome, its brillint to see a zed with some decent miles on it, looks great. you will love it. the forum is great, full of info and any parts you might need. i got the bluetooth adapter of the forum and bought a phone cradle. but when tryinh to figure out the cables , found another phone cradle under the centre console. so if you dont have a phone cradle il have one for sale, for much cheapness.. welcome again and all the best

Thanks, I have the cradle with a nokia 6310i adapter (i think) in the centre console. I'll keep my eyes on the trading section.

You might find this 200k miles thread interesting in the US.

http://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissa ... -club.html

Their website is down at the moment! What is it with 350z websites at the mo? :) I'll defo have a read of that...be nice to see what other good/bad experiences have been.

As I'll only be doing aroung 6000 miles a year I'll eventually have that mileage looking average! By eventually I mean another 10 years!

ment to ask as well, since the car has good miles on it, did it come with a good history. it would be intreasting to find out what needed relaced and when. or what the most commons things have been. theres a few phone bluetooth adapters on shebay just now.. the going rate seems to be around 60 quid for them

just looked at my post, and corretced it so it could be understood in english