How to - Change washer pump motor

nixy

can someone make this a sticky? It's the guide Pimm sent me originally but I've had at least half a dozen requests for it. Ta

You want the front wheels turning full lock to the right. Then you need to undo the two 10mm or 12mm bolts underneath the undertray/corner part, you do not need a jack. M

Then get a short dumpy phillips screw driver under the one screw that keeps the wheel arch liner on, the lower one of the two. Then push the arch liner bit back behind your turned front wheel in turn this will allow you to access the pumps. Each pump/pipe will be labled front and rear from memory.

Disconnect the wire conector(you need a small screwdriver to push the connector and pull the plug at the same time) then just pull the pump away from the water bottle, you will lose all your fluid.

Then do the reverse with the new pump.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

So just tried to do this. Couldn't find them so I took wheel off and removed pretty much all the wheel arch liner. I still couldn't find them. I suppose that could explain why they aren't working... But seriously, wtf? Should they be right by the actual water bottle thing? I'm very confused!

So just tried to do this. Couldn't find them so I took wheel off and removed pretty much all the wheel arch liner. I still couldn't find them. I suppose that could explain why they aren't working... But seriously, wtf? Should they be right by the actual water bottle thing? I'm very confused!

Yes there should be two pumps side by side (drivers side). ;)

Similar to this picture below....

2s0z4p3.jpg

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting an old thread rather than starting a new one. The pic above is great and it looks as though the 2 pumps are the same. Is this true? Rear wiper has been removed on my car so dont need the rear pump. Can I just swap the connectors and the pipes over so this will now act as the front pump or are the connectors different?

I know on various other cars the pumps are identical and the connectors can be swapped between them.

Any help appreciated.

The connectors are not swappable as they have fail safe' tabs on them to ensure assembly workers doesn't mix up. If your rear pump is still working, you can swap the pipe but you'll need to operate the rear pump for front windscreen washer.

Edited by veeg33

• 10 months later...

I've just been suffering from the same, I'm just not spurting properly,  more of a dribble! Ooer

Anyhow, picked up a new pump, bargain at £8, and fitted as per directions!  5 mins.Yay..... well, not so much yay, more of a oh no! No difference, damn it. Then spotted another thread dealing with dribbling problems, yes, the dastardly non return valve under the brake fluid lid! So off to Halfrauds, £1.79, another 5 mins and hey presto! Ive got my spurting back! Thanks guys, a good little pin! And i now feel a whole lot better with my mojo back!:yahoo:

Edited by Darkside

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...