Looking for a 350Z - am I being realistic?

Hey guys, this is my first post so be gentle.

I am looking at getting a 350z - on Finance through Evans Halshaw.

I am looking to spend around £7500 or so on the car itself - and the insurance will cost me £630 per year fully comp (I am 27 with almost 3 years no claims).

I have the dealer "looking" for a car at the moment for me. My must haves originally were gunmetal grey, GT pack and Rays alloys - along with full service history. I am happy for a 50,000 + miles car as long as it has been serviced regularly.

The dealer only have like 5 Z's on their system at the moment - and advised me that I may have to compromise on my list.....am I being unrealistic or are they just being lazy? as I can see several Z's on autotrader that tick all the boxes I have asked for.

Also, I have 2 questions:

1) Is it a must to run the car on premium unleaded (I have seen various threads about this) - am I right in thinking the consensus is YES, the car must be run on premium fuel for best performance / to prevent engine damage/wear and tear.

2) If for some reason I am unable to get a Z - would a remapped Focus ST match the Z for speed? (I have my heart 90% set on a Z though purely for the looks and the fact it is a 2 seater - although is seems quite heavy for a 2 seater?)

Thanks for any help :):#1:

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

I have my heart set totally on a Z if truth be told - I just don't want to compromise on any of the above things in my wish list. I just had a 5 min search and found 3-4 cars that pretty much match this list bang on - give or take £500 - the right colour, GT pack, Rays alloys etc.

I just hope the dealer can come up trumps and find me a car :(

i bought a 04' with 60k on the clock in january. I paid £7000 for it but it did need 4 tyres all round. I was also insistent on the gt pack with rays when i was looking.

Managed to get all the wheels refurbished as part of the deal as well :)

You've factored in the running costs of fuel, tyres, servicing on top of the finance and insurance costs yes? Not that I want to put you off, just making sure you've considered this?

Welcome by the way, and as great as the Focus ST is, they are very different drives. Zed all the way for me. :thumbs:

The reason they can only find a few is that I expect they are looking at stock available in their group.

They won't go out and buy a car from Autotrader to sell on to you do you may have to be patient or look elsewhere.

Ford used to have a scheme called Ford Direct that linked up loads of dealers and their stock. Do Nissan have a similar system?

Seems reasonable, although you may need to up your mileage limit a bit. My budget is around the same as yours, but i'm not 100% set on needing Rays and i'm looking at around 60k miles

Just keep looking! It would be worth trying to other finance companies though, you never know what you may get

:welcome:

As others have rightly said try to look for other finance options if you can, otherwise you are stuck with dealer. In that case either take your time until the right car comes along at dealer, which could be a while or compromise something on your list and upgrade yourself down the line!