Is it just me?

Dblock

Is it just me that hates this with a passion :rant::rant::rant::rant::angry::angry::angry::angry::rant::rant::rant::angry::bang::bang::thumbdown::thumbdown:

396590.1020.A.jpg

I HATE IT :angry::rant: . AHHH :rant: . Now why do I hate it you may ask. Well firstly its a comedy show (supposidly :thumbdown: ). Its not funny at all. Not even a smile. The jokes arent funny, they arent clever nor are they good simple jokes. People are like ohh Ross and Rachel. Who cares. Not in the sense that its a tv show fine but none of the charterers are likeable. They are very predictable and their acting is rubbish. No comedy timing or making the joke funny or nothing. They dont make it their own for example the main guy from My wife and kids.

From right to left.

Annoying sarcastic guy. Could I BEEEE anymore annoying? Probably not.

Hot blonde. Doesn't make you like her. She isnt funny. She is rubbish, clearly sleeping with director or producer. :bangin:

Intelligent awkward guy. Is clever in books but not in real life, yawn so predictable. Speaks with a stupid voice because his character is soo boring they had to add love element to it which IMO made no sense. Bored me too. :yawn:

Dark haired bossy one. She is so bossy and controlling but has alot of love to give. When was freinds wrote 12bc. Not like that predictable stereotypical character hasn't been done 1million and 1 times before.

Stupid guy. He is the same as the blonde really except with innuendo.

Weird one. She sings songs. People who are sad download or watch these songs on demand. She wasnt kooky or crazy. she was dull and tedious.

They all went on to flop. Flop badly. Not one of them has made it as big as they should have. It's because they are all crap! :lol:

But back on topic, why was and is this show so popular :shrug: . Even people who dont like this sort of thing like it :wacko: . Its an assumption as humans we eat, sleep, breathe and like friends. Its so overrated its unbelievable. Now I like comedy, love it infact but freinds sucks.

End of rant :lol:

Yep, it's crap, never found friends funny, all that canned laughter really does my head in. Program's crap, actings crap, and being that crap, they used to get some huge amount of cash per episode for being crap, WTF :shrug:

As Cartman would say,

Crap crap crappity crap crap........ :stir:

In the end I think each of them were on one million dollars per episode.

But yes, it's crap, if you are not American and seeking intelligent and clever humour.

If you want to spend hours sat on a sofa eating twinkees with 1% of your brain functioning I guess Friends works...

I'm surprised usually people love a bit of friends.

Yes it is 10years to late but that's kinda the point as it seems to have a following.

I don't watch it anyway of probably punch the tv :lol:

A few years back it was all that was on CH4 :rant::rant::rant:

Thank god for Come Dine With Me, Coach Trip & 4 in a Bed :yahoo:

Anyway I think most random thread and rant of the year so far goes to Dblock :#1::lol:

The reason some people love it is that its just easy watching i guess. People probably watched it every week back when it was "new", then now when its repeated to death every day on the cable channels, they watch it because it brings back memories.

My missus loves it. She has the entire dvd boxset of all 1000 series`s, and if its on the tv she will STILL sit there & watch it - even though shes watched them millions of times before.

Personally I think its a sack of the brown stuff. Ive never found it funny and i can think of much better things to do with my spare time.

The 1st series of Friends is actually very good but the writing took a nose dive once it became a hit.

Seinfeld and The Larry Sanders Show are the kings of 90s US comedy but in the UK they were shown after midnight on BBC2 :doh:

I'll watch Friends if it's on, but it's not and never was something I'd go out of my way to watch.

It's perfect Sunday morning hangover telly IYSWIM.

Doesn't the canned laughter get on your nerves though? I never noticed it until I got surround sound, the ex missus had all the series on DVD and if she watched it the canned laughter was right in my ear hole and it was the same few seconds guffawing everytime anybody said anything!!! :rant:

Im going to don my flame suit here.. I thought Frieds was great :)

I had all 10 series on VHS - and may one day sit through them all again on DVD. The storylines can be predictable, the guest appearances are funny to see and some of the jokes/funny moments made me laugh out loud at times.

[flamesuiton]

[flamesuiton]

was yours the german version

did my t!ts in too bar 1 episode where one of them is on a date with a talcum powder/leather trousers scene in the bathroom, very very funny

The guest stars used to bug me something chronic. You could tell when they were going to do a guest episode, as the episode before it would be filled full of flashbacks and re-using old clips so they could save the money to pay the guest.

I had all 10 series on VHS - and may one day sit through them all again on DVD. The storylines can be predictable, the guest appearances are funny to see and some of the jokes/funny moments made me laugh out loud at times.

[flamesuiton]

Ready......aim......

2573152408_454e45a115.jpg