Is it just me?

Dblock

I like friends - the earlier episodes were great.

Sure, you can see whats coming a mile off, and some of the storylines are a bit poor, but all of the characters (bar Phoebe) have their redeeming features and can come up with some great lines.

Same with Big bang, some gems of comedy in there, but other bits are a bit hit and miss, and the later series have gone downhill.

Admittedly its not the same as British humour, but its not supposed to be, theres a place for American comedy in the same way theres a place for British comedy.

Im going to don my flame suit here.. I thought Frieds was great :)

I had all 10 series on VHS - and may one day sit through them all again on DVD. The storylines can be predictable, the guest appearances are funny to see and some of the jokes/funny moments made me laugh out loud at times.

[flamesuiton]

Your not the only one. :blush:

I never liked it when it first came out because I was also of the opinion that 'Americans can't do comedy' :yawn:

But I spent a whole day in 1996 round a mates house having a 'smoke' and we watched the whole first series, I laughed out loud on quite a few occasions. I think once you know the characters and their quirks its is very enjoyable and funny.

Yeah, its not cleverly written, and it is predictable but it is funny and very easy to watch without having to concentrate.

I've never bought any but will quite happily watch it on TV if I happen to flick channels and see its on.

:surrender::surrender: Americans :doh:

Some American TV is brilliant, such as Dog The Bounty Hunter and The Wire :thumbs:

S.

Out of everything you could have picked Dog the bounty hunter? You could have said the soprano's or something like that. Dog the bounty hunter? :lol:

I'm not against American tv things like the sopranos and the wire are amazing. I.e Am dad/fam guy/cle show and some adult swim stuff. But with friends it was like a cult. It was socially awkward when I said i didnt like it :lol: