FInally

Builder49

Finally got my Zed. Took these as soon as I got home. Worked out with your help that she is a pre-facelift on an 06 plate. Drove beautifully. £97 to fill her up with super. Not as flash as most of yours, but loving her none the less.

Be interested on your thoughts and opinions.

P1010052.jpg

P1010051.jpg

P1010050.jpg

P1010049.jpg

P1010047.jpg

P1010048.jpg

P1010046.jpg

http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w42 ... Kitchener/

350Z mats are fitted. they were in the boot section, just so keen to take a pic I hadn't put them in ! LOL

Tyres? Well I'm not sure (and too dark to look now). When I viewed the car in the garage I told him the front tyres were illegal, which they were, so he has had 2 scrubbed tyres fitted, at least 6mm on them now. Don't even think they are a matching pair? And certainly don't match the rear, so that's something I need to sort at some point.

I guess a full set will be much better, but will obviously set me back a few quid. Would ideally like to change the wheels at some point, so might see how the tyres go for now.

What is the general feeling on that?

All advice and assistance gratefully appreciated by this new owner :D

Looks like a stock exhaust. Always liked the sound of the stock 350z exhaust. Lovely when you get walls either side.

Only thingi id make sure is that the rear tyres are the same make and are worn evenly.

Enjoy the car shes a beauty.

Looks like a stock exhaust. Always liked the sound of the stock 350z exhaust. Lovely when you get walls either side.

Only thingi id make sure is that the rear tyres are the same make and are worn evenly.

Enjoy the car shes a beauty.

Cheers for that. Rear tyres were on it when viewed and without going out to check tonight I'm 99% certain they matched and are evenly worn with about 4mm left on...

Any other advice always welcome. Especially when it comes to mechanics etc. I'm rubbish. :lol:

Looks great :thumbs:

My only concern would be the same as the others - the tyres. In particular I don't recognise the side wall of the tyre on the front - I'm wondering if its some sort of budget jobbie.

Good luck

Very nice looking car mate, congrats you'll love it, regarding the tyres, get some decent ones on ASAP, I had same issue when i bought mine and on a meet we had with some of the other guys I had a wee moment :drive1 , purely cos of gash cheapo tyres.

The front tyre in the close up pic is an 'accelera'. I think these are the lower priced end of the scale for a larger company but i can't think who they are now ??? They are pretty good in the dry but questionable in the wet. If you have these on the rear aswell it may well be worth swopping them out as soon as you have the budget to do it. I know thats easier said than done and its a shame because they have decent tread on them but i'm just thinking of your safety and you wouldn't want to put a dink in that lovely looking Z :thumbs:

Both the rear tyres are Bridgestone Potenza with about 4mm of tread left.

Front offside as shown on the picture above is a 'ACCEIETA' and front nearside is a 'AUTOGRIP RADIAL F107', both of which have about 6 or 7mm but I would guess are cheapo budget jobbies?

Any suggestions on the best make to purchase? will be mostly A1 type driving (obviously within the legal limits, in case any member is a cop!), with the odd blip where possible just to allow the exhaust to make a nice sound ;) so I need something good but not race spec.....

Was going to wait until I bought some wheels, but might be an idea to purchase soon. What do you all think?

Paul.

The front tyre in the close up pic is an 'accelera'. I think these are the lower priced end of the scale for a larger company but i can't think who they are now ??? They are pretty good in the dry but questionable in the wet. If you have these on the rear aswell it may well be worth swopping them out as soon as you have the budget to do it. I know thats easier said than done and its a shame because they have decent tread on them but i'm just thinking of your safety and you wouldn't want to put a dink in that lovely looking Z :thumbs:

Accelera are made by Pirelli, had them on mine for the last 15 months and as you say, decent in the dry, take it easy in the wet. They are are a very hard and long lasting tyre, hardly any wear on mine.

Pete