Uprev Results

ScottyZ

Uprev results courtesy of Abbey Motorsport. Mods (as listed in signiture) have been on for a while so the results are purely the gain from the remap. Fuel is Shell V-power.

Power(bhp at Hubs): 290.8 to 306.5 gain= 15.7bhp.

Torque(lbft) : 252.3 to 262.9 gain= 10.6lbft.

5 Maps installed and controlled via cruise control button. Each map varies the throttle response with map One being the tamest and map Five being the fiercest. In reality there's not a great deal of difference between them.

First impressions - This car is bloody quick! An impressive difference between before and after the Uprev although the traction control kicks in considerably more (a suspension mod might be required to reduce that). Well worth the money.

Cheers,

Scotty

Interesting figures

On mine with the Stillen exhaust fitted it was 297.6 and with the uprev 310.3 - gain of 12.7whp

The torque was 250.1 and with the uprev 259.3 - gain of 9.2lbft

So it seems the Stillen gives a bit more power without the uprev, but the Ackro+ has given a bit more torque.

But as you say, you really notice the difference on the road. :thumbs:

Is yours manual BTW?

Interesting figures

On mine with the Stillen exhaust fitted it was 297.6 and with the uprev 310.3 - gain of 12.7whp

The torque was 250.1 and with the uprev 259.3 - gain of 9.2lbft

So it seems the Stillen gives a bit more power without the uprev, but the Ackro+ has given a bit more torque.

But as you say, you really notice the difference on the road. :thumbs:

Is yours manual BTW?

Yep, it's a manual. Just informed Admiral insurance and only £27.99 extra with the remap.

Subject to Mark confirming the exact time, I should be taking mine to Abbey for the Uprev at the end of this month..... :D

I gave some serious thought to the HFCs too but I'm just not sure enough to take the plunge. Car sounds great as it is so I think I'll pass for now.

• 2 months later...

Pretty tame peak power increase figures, but that's to be expected, I'm sure they would be more if there were HFC's installed or even taken out. Tuning NA is an expensive business.

However, we all know, peak power increases only tell the end of the story.

What's the mid range gains like ??

I would asume more usable torque ??

Why have the 5 maps ?? Is there a reason, or is it just because it/you can ?? Seems a bit pointless, if you didn'ty lable the maps and I switched to random one, could you tell ??

I'd not even have two maps if truth be told, the increases I'd expect from this stage of tuning would be enough to alter the performance that significantly surely ??

Again, I don't know, I'm just researching these cars at the moment and am interested in what's working for people and what's not :) .

Finally, what sort of cost's are we looking at here for a re-flash from Abbey Motorsport

Cheers :teeth: .

Pretty tame peak power increase figures, but that's to be expected, I'm sure they would be more if there were HFC's installed or even taken out. Tuning NA is an expensive business.

However, we all know, peak power increases only tell the end of the story.

What's the mid range gains like ??

I would asume more usable torque ??

Why have the 5 maps ?? Is there a reason, or is it just because it/you can ?? Seems a bit pointless, if you didn'ty lable the maps and I switched to random one, could you tell ??

I'd not even have two maps if truth be told, the increases I'd expect from this stage of tuning would be enough to alter the performance that significantly surely ??

Again, I don't know, I'm just researching these cars at the moment and am interested in what's working for people and what's not :) .

Finally, what sort of cost's are we looking at here for a re-flash from Abbey Motorsport

Cheers :teeth: .

1. HFC's were already installed.

2. Performance has noticeably improved throughout.

3. 5 maps for varying the aggresiveness of the throttle response, not power output.

4. Maps are swithched via the cruise control set and cancel buttons. The cruise control light flashes 1 to 5 times depending what map your in.

5. Uprev remap is around £400.

I've spent around £3000 on my mods including fitting costs. The mods have transformed the car in terms of performance and sound. You could spend around £800-£1000 less on an exhaust but the Akrapovic is a real quality piece of kit and is beautifully made.

Cheers,

Scotty

I have a similar set up but got slightly better results, went from 306 on the first dyno, to 320.3 when properly remapped. IMO the Akro and Berks make the difference, torque was a tad higher 280lb/ft rings a bell, and the power delivery is night and day across the range.

From a NASP remap/re-flash I'd always be looking for more usable power and torque anyway, all in the midrange.

Some people see it as a fail if you only make an extra 11hp at 7,200rpm, but they dont see the increase at say 4,000rpm, which is where it counts.

I have a similar set up but got slightly better results, went from 306 on the first dyno, to 320.3 when properly remapped.

What dyno was that on? Most we've seen have been from Abbey on they Dynapack, 320@hub sounds high compared to theirs. Maybe you have a freak of nature :teeth:

I have a similar set up but got slightly better results, went from 306 on the first dyno, to 320.3 when properly remapped.

What dyno was that on? Most we've seen have been from Abbey on they Dynapack, 320@hub sounds high compared to theirs. Maybe you have a freak of nature :teeth:

I believe George (GMAN) went to RS Tuning in Leeds which I would imagine explains the difference in figures between his and mine - bearing in mind we have the same mods. Do RS Tuning measure at the fly/hubs/wheels?

I believe George (GMAN) went to RS Tuning in Leeds which I would imagine explains the difference in figures between his and mine - bearing in mind we have the same mods. Do RS Tuning measure at the fly/hubs/wheels?

I beleive they measure at the wheel. This will lead to some discrepency in numbers which we are seeing. Not that you can easily compare anyones numbers, but Georges seem higher than I'd seen before. RS Tuning dyno would expain it. So really about the same as anyone else. As Mark says, the difference between the before and after is what counts.

No just a superior car :p

How big was that last fish you caught :p:lol:

No just on a dyno we know reads consistently higher than Abbey's :p:lol:

300+@WHP is more than enough for anyone, we should all be very happy :drive1

Hmmmm maybe I should have listened to you 6 months, 2 engines and a bucket load of cash ago!! :bangin:

Hmmmm maybe I should have listened to you 6 months, 2 engines and a bucket load of cash ago!! :bangin:

But then I wouldnt have a couple of epic threads to read :teeth::#1:

No just on a dyno we know reads consistently higher than Abbey's :p:lol:

:yawn:

• 5 weeks later...

If i'm reading this right are you saying that even after spending all that money on exhausts, berks and an uprev you get nowhere near the quoted factory figures for a bog standard car?

I believe these guys are talking in WHP, not BHP. WHP doesn't try to dial out transmission losses by guesswork and just gives you the hp measured at the wheel and is always lower for that reason. what you really want to look at are the gains rather than the final number, as all dynos read differently anyway.

Also, RE; factory power figures, the only cars i've ever heard of consistently meeting or exceeding their stock figures when dyno'd as stock are beemers, evertyhing else is wishful thinking.

DB