Uprev Results

ScottyZ

Nissan say a standard 370 engine is around 325 bhp (or 331ps)

My 370 had an uprev in April 2011, with the Stillen exhaust that I had fitted over a year before and some 8k miles covered.

Results:

297.6 whp before the uprev.

310.3 whp after the uprev.

Using a 15% factor to convert whp to bhp (we know this figure can be + or - several percentges, all depending on loss through the power train), but that equates to:

342.2 before the uprev. Which meant the Stillen had added approx 17bhp over standard (Stillen claimed 18bhp).

356.8 bhp after the uprev Which meant that the Stillen + uprev had added approx 32 bhp over standard.

Torque increased from 250.1 @69mph/4580rpm to 259.3 @ 67mph/4428rpm.

Pub numbers aside (which in any event clearly reveal a good increases), my uprev was on the basis making the power delivery as linear as possible rather than maximising torque to help ensure the power was not wasted through unnecessary wheel spinning , as fun as that can be ;)

Nissan say a standard 370 engine is around 325 bhp (or 331ps)

My 370 had an uprev in April 2011, with the Stillen exhaust that I had fitted over a year before and some 8k miles covered.

Results:

297.6 whp before the uprev.

310.3 whp after the uprev.

Using a 15% factor to convert whp to bhp (we know this figure can be + or - several percentges, all depending on loss through the power train), but that equates to:

342.2 before the uprev. Which meant the Stillen had added approx 17bhp over standard (Stillen claimed 18bhp).

356.8 bhp after the uprev Which meant that the Stillen + uprev had added approx 32 bhp over standard.

Torque increased from 250.1 @69mph/4580rpm to 259.3 @ 67mph/4428rpm.

Pub numbers aside (which in any event clearly reveal a good increases), my uprev was on the basis making the power delivery as linear as possible rather than maximising torque to help ensure the power was not wasted through unnecessary wheel spinning , as fun as that can be ;)

That was nicely put colin :thumbs:

Personally I don't think the % loss works , it has been debated so many times.

Look just at the gains before and after dyno work.

I doubt a 370Z will gain 40bhp from exhaust work and a remap thou , the most gain we have ever seen is Hub 30bhp from a 370Z N/A car with a full decat + system ,+ Motordyne plenum mod + remap.

Personally I don't think the % loss works , it has been debated so many times.

Look just at the gains before and after dyno work.

I doubt a 370Z will gain 40bhp from exhaust work and a remap thou , the most gain we have ever seen is Hub 30bhp from a 370Z N/A car with a full decat + system ,+ Motordyne plenum mod + remap.

I know the 15% figure is very debatable and given your experience Mark I have quoted 345bhp for my car that you mentioned to me as the more likely actual gain - which is helpful for Insurance purposes who only seem to understand bhp :doh::lol:

My example to was to help Dannyboy who perhaps had not appreciated the whp/bhp differences and having googled "whp-bhp" for a reference figure :

http://boardreader.com/thread/the_whp_t ... Xhcqi.html ;)