Cooper S or Corsa VXR

Daryl

Estelle is thinking about selling her Suzuki Swift Sport for something abit faster. We have narrowed the choice down to a Corsa VXR or Mini Cooper S (R53 due to cost) got a budget of 9k max.

Has anyone got any experience good or bad of either?

Also open to other suggestions,but not french. lol

(PS she does not want a Zed)

Massive shame dude!

My mate has just sold his corsa vxr arctic ed. for a steal too.

It was a very cool car, build quality is good and sounds amazing with the rebus exhaust!

Very quick for the size of the engine. Was very surprised.

It felt very tight, and quick to drive, would get adults in the back. Boots not bad.

However the vxr looks a bit more chav than the mini. But i prefer the vxr :thumbs:

Out of interest how much you asking for the swift? And what spec is it? Feel free to pm me.

Il offer her the ST Focus,but i dont think she wants a car that big,as i did suggest the VXR Astra as well.

The Mini is really good car,but the problem is that its too popular,but then that will mean that when she sells it,it maybe easier to sell.

The VXR on the other hand is more exclusive,not to mention parts will probably be cheaper,but then will it be harder to sell on in a couple of years?

Corsa VXR is such a chavvy valleys car (they all own them up the valleys), you can guarantee before you see the driver you know it's some slapper or angry kid with ASBOs, shame really as I'm sure it's a fun car.

Well i am from Essex! :lol:

My mrs on the other hand is not,and shes certainly not a slapper!

The other option is something an A3,but she has said that she wants something that she can look at and get excited about,and the R32 and S3 (both the older versions to get into the price bracket) dont meet that criteria.

As its for the lady, I would say the mini. There's 2 million variously personalised ones to choose from, and the depreciation will be less than the VXR. She probably won't care if its a drivers car or not, so no point getting a hot hatch really. I'd also consider a polo of some type, the mk5 i had on hire last year was very nice, and rode very well over the knackered b-roads round here, even in 1.4 mode.

One of the hot Clios that fits the budget - afterall it is a Renault so you would get some brownie points at work as well as home :lol:

Clio 197s with the cup chassis are rock hard though, way stiffer than a normal Zed. Maybe try a non-cup?

I have owned a cooper a and still have a swift sport.

Cooler s is classy yet classless. Brilliant car and very similar drive to the Suzuki. Much much better built though and very comfortable. Running costs are reasonable also. Vxr is chavvy these days. :thumbs:

Cooper S = Classy

VXR = Chavvy

Any good :shrug:

Red+Bull+Mini.jpg

Brilliant Dave,cheers! Il see what Estelle says. :lol:

I suggested an MPS 3,but she said she has never been excited about the way they look. I suggested Golf etc, and she said they were too boring to look at. I think on looks alone,the VXR has it,as its alot meaner looking,not to mention abit rarer. She dont like the Clio's,so they are out too.

Brilliant Dave,cheers! Il see what Estelle says. :lol:

I suggested an MPS 3,but she said she has never been excited about the way they look. I suggested Golf etc, and she said they were too boring to look at. I think on looks alone,the VXR has it,as its alot meaner looking,not to mention abit rarer. She dont like the Clio's,so they are out too.

What about a Cupra, Leon or Ibiza if that's too big?