For the Caffeine addicts among us

DoogyRev

On my recent travels I was given a new coffee to try, I love my coffee and have tried many different verities, after this mornings brew (not tried it since my return as sleep has been a priority :lol: ) I felt compelled to post.....

This by far is probably the best coffee I have had yet :cloud9:

http://www.peets.com/shop/coffee_detail.asp?id=118&cid=1005

If you happen to come across a Peets Coffee store..... BUY, BUY, BUY :yahoo:

So for those who like their caffeine... whats your favourite?

I used to be right in to coffee the stronger the better like that Turkish stuff you can stand your spoon up in !!

But like the fags, the wife weaned me off most of my vices

I now drink tea........ :yawn:

............Whilst shooting up heroin and murdering prostitutes :lol::lol:

If you need help quitting I'm willing to offer support.

Thanks for the offer but I am good thanks :lol:

Favourite (and a bit chavy I guess) is a Starbuck mocha.

All the coffee places in America have to display the calories for all the food and drinks.... :scare: ...... you don't want to know :lol:

A plain old Americano, no milk or sugar for me = 6 Cal :D

I'm going to bid 700 kcals.

Your not far off 645, and that was a medium, most people I saw were having large ones, with extra syrups and marshmallos added :scare:

The cakes on the other hand.....the worst one was 550 ....... so cake is better fro you than Mocha's and Latte's :lol:

I got into Vietnamese coffee when I was over there last year. It can be really chocolatey but the taste is from the bean itself and not added afterwards. I've tried a few coffees here that claim to be 'chocolatey' but they just don't cut it!

The Vietnamese use a 'phin' filter, here's a link http://www.trung-nguyen-online.com/abou ... filter.php

It's quick and easy to use, in fact I use it every morning now.

I prefer Black Coffee .. the stronger the better!

But I've had to reduce my intake as I was become used to it ...

I now try and limit myself to one coffee in the morning and another just after lunchtime (unless I'm really struggling) ...

I usually have a few (5-10) Green Teas throughout the day though ...

;)

A *tiny* bit of steamed fluffy milk on top is quite nice - especially when you're drinking 10 cups on a night shift. :lol:

I'd love to make coffee the *proper* way, but if you like steamed milk it's so much easier with a good machine, even just black is easier/quickr with a machine. BTW, Nespresso seem to have gone mental with their intensity scale of 1-10, there's a really nice 12 at the minute. :thumbs:

I can't stand the 'coffee' they sell in places like Starbucks, it's the worst stuff I've ever tasted - bland, tasteless. I'm particular about my coffee, a percolator is the best way to make it then I just add some steamed skimmed milk, nothing bad for you about that :p the best coffee I think I've had is Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee.

A *tiny* bit of steamed fluffy milk on top is quite nice - especially when you're drinking 10 cups on a night shift. :lol:

I'd love to make coffee the *proper* way, but if you like steamed milk it's so much easier with a good machine, even just black is easier/quickr with a machine. BTW, Nespresso seem to have gone mental with their intensity scale of 1-10, there's a really nice 12 at the minute. :thumbs:

You can make that steamed milk easily at home, I use a small cafetiere, pop some skimmed milk in, pop it in the microwave for a minute and just pump it, instant steamed milk :)

You can make that steamed milk easily at home, I use a small cafetiere, pop some skimmed milk in, pop it in the microwave for a minute and just pump it, instant steamed milk :)

A minute? My whole coffee's made at the touch of a button in less than a minute and I can have a cig while it's doing it, I've got work to get back to do don't ya know! ;)

A minute? My whole coffee's made at the touch of a button in less than a minute and I can have a cig while it's doing it, I've got work to get back to do don't ya know! ;)

But enough time for a fag? :lol:

I've recently bought a second-hand Cuisinart coffee machine from a certain online auction site. A proper grind-and-brew machine and I love it. You can program it the night before so you get freshly ground coffee waiting for you when you get up which is a nice start to the day and the smell of the ground beans is :cloud9: also has a metal carafe so it stays warm well.

I'm currently using CostCo's signature range Rwandan beans which are pretty nice and good value - about £15-ish for 3lbs worth.

Will look out for that Peet's stuff when I'm next in the States :thumbs:

S.