Zed - Fest 2012

Arkwright

Zed –Fest 2012. 10,11,12 August.

Hot and cold food and drinks will be provided as usual by Mr Stickyfingers and his staff. Remember he will stay as late as you like providing you keep spending.

Musical entertainment throughout the event will as usual be down to our own DJZ

Team sports will be held on Saturday afternoon. You can make up teams of 4 persons to take part in any diabolical sports we can think of . (suggestions are always welcome). I am hoping to run a field gun competition similar to that seen at the royal tournament.

Remember your cars will be on show throughout the event and final judging will be at mid day Sunday followed by the awarding of trophies.

Sunday morning is an opportunity to visit Nottingham Dirt Buggies from 9am – 11.30am (breakfast can be obtained there if you’re late rising). A 20 minute thrash around their 9 acre track will set you back £30. Wet weather gear and helmets supplied if needed. I am assured that 20 mins is long enough due to the severity of the track. (This is only about 4 miles from Sherbrooke) you may want to take a change of clothes just in case. We have a 20% discount on normal price as it’s early Sunday.

Saturday night is optional fancy dress. A prize for the best dressed.

If you are bringing your children the pedal go carts will be available to them throughout the weekend.

An ‘ Honesty Bar’ will be available which will probably consist of tins of Boddingtons and tins of Stella which will be kept in the fridge. Prices will be as shop plus a little for the club.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to, trying to source a tent, unless there are any young fit blondes with room in their tent? Ideally 2 blondes who like cooking etc. :D

PS don't tell my Mrs.

• 2 weeks later...

Zed –Fest 2012. 10,11,12 August.

Hot and cold food and drinks will be provided as usual by Mr Stickyfingers and his staff. Remember he will stay as late as you like providing you keep spending.

Musical entertainment throughout the event will as usual be down to our own DJZ

Team sports will be held on Saturday afternoon. You can make up teams of 4 persons to take part in any diabolical sports we can think of . (suggestions are always welcome). I am hoping to run a field gun competition similar to that seen at the royal tournament.

Remember your cars will be on show throughout the event and final judging will be at mid day Sunday followed by the awarding of trophies.

Sunday morning is an opportunity to visit Nottingham Dirt Buggies from 9am – 11.30am (breakfast can be obtained there if you’re late rising). A 20 minute thrash around their 9 acre track will set you back £30. Wet weather gear and helmets supplied if needed. I am assured that 20 mins is long enough due to the severity of the track. (This is only about 4 miles from Sherbrooke) you may want to take a change of clothes just in case. We have a 20% discount on normal price as it’s early Sunday.

Saturday night is optional fancy dress. A prize for the best dressed.

If you are bringing your children the pedal go carts will be available to them throughout the weekend.

An ‘ Honesty Bar’ will be available which will probably consist of tins of Boddingtons and tins of Stella which will be kept in the fridge. Prices will be as shop plus a little for the club.

All sounds excellent Derek, especially the dirt buggies:)

hey ! so.. it seems i can make this!

do i just drive in and come and find you lot to park up with? when do i need to do that? first thing sat morn? i may also camp too... just wanted wanted to make sure i get there at a decent time to be able to join your stand and camp in same area and join you all :D ??

:drunk:

hey ! so.. it seems i can make this!

do i just drive in and come and find you lot to park up with? when do i need to do that? first thing sat morn? i may also camp too... just wanted wanted to make sure i get there at a decent time to be able to join your stand and camp in same area and join you all :D ??

:drunk:

There'll be plenty of room there for you. Some will turn up Friday, some come along on the Saturday. Plenty of options for you!

Been on a Road safety awareness day today with the Road policing unit. Specifically Drink/Drug driving. Anyway Part ot the imput was some horrific pictures of incidents and injuries sustained by inocent bystanders.

I couldnt possibly post such pictures to emphasise the importance not to drink drive.

But found this Picture which is quite distressing. Texas, when a drunk driver killed one person and injured 10 others when he fell asleep at the wheel and slammed into a bike race.

crash.jpg

Ps. just for those interested and are visiting the Z-Fest this weekend a Calibrated Breathaliser will be available for anyone to use.

I am planning on getting there 11ish on sat ... this OK? not too late? i shall drive around and find you all :D just staying for the day.... as roadster boot not big enough for my tent and bedding, food, clothes, shoes.... and boyfriend haha..... :blush: