If Carlsberg made track days...............

captain

The other cars on track are great. The guys driving could be better in my opinion. :blush:

+1

The guy is a complete f*cking idiot. It's a trackday, not a race, so why the hell is he diving up the inside on corners and almost taking the front of the other car off? :thumbdown:

The other cars on track are great. The guys driving could be better in my opinion. :blush:

+1

The guy is a complete f*cking idiot. It's a trackday, not a race, so why the hell is he diving up the inside on corners and almost taking the front of the other car off? :thumbdown:

Because there are no rules by the looks of it and it looks like sooooooooo much fun.

Wide-angle cameras always make things worse. His passenger looks fairly relaxed so I'd say it looks worse than it was.

Some footage I've taken on track days looks like "close calls" but in the car, they were nothing.

Oh I've no doubt it's fun, until you take the front end of an F430 Scud off and either have to pay the bill or spend your life in hiding. It's a trackday, not a race or a test day there is never any excuse for that kind of driving, end of.

Oh I've no doubt it's fun, until you take the front end of an F430 Scud off and either have to pay the bill or spend your life in hiding. It's a trackday, not a race or a test day there is never any excuse for that kind of driving, end of.

Well, it's my post and so it's not "end of". :)

I maintain it looks like a lot of fun. I haven't said he was a good driver, not that what he was doing was right or wrong. I would love track days to be a little more liberal in this country, within reason, and I would have LOVED to be on that track blasting in and out of whoever laughing like a drain. Just look at the guys eyes for 14 minutes. He's having a ball and good luck to the fellah.

Sorry Dan...... :blush: We can't all be sensible like you.

I intend to retire to Italy in a few years. As well as the weather, food and people, their attitude towards danger and H&S is invigorating and a joy to be around. Hopefully I'll have enough to buy a GT-R/GT3 and I'll post some movies so you can disapprove of my driving as well.

It'll be a lot like this, only faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlzTx7riR60&list=UU4DDF1Q6InWXkVKscz1ij7w&index=1&feature=plcp

It's a pity my 2 black-flag day at Keevil isn't on video. You'd have a fit. :scare::thumbs:

I thought you had to wear helmets at most track days?

It looks to me like he never changes gear, he just leaves it in auto. Maybe this is better for the track (I'm not a track man myself) but it seems like you are missing a major element to the driving if you don't change yourself? Looks like tha auot keeps the car on the boil beautifullt though, you can see the rev counter and the upshift blinking :D

Just because it's "your" thread doesn't mean you're not completely wrong though. What you're calling acceptable driving, there is no justification for.

Please enlighten me as to why you feel it's appropriate to put other people in the position where one mistake by either car could cause serious damage to both machinery and person? Just because you feel you have to get right up someone's chuff under braking, or up the inside at a corner, why should someone else's P&J be put at risk because you don't feel you should have to wait?

What's wrong with being sensible when it comes to high speed on track? I was at Combe yesterday in an R300, in temps of -6 with ice on the track, and I can promise you I wasn't holding back at any point and neither were any of the other drivers, and I ended up very sideways through Quarry on a number of occasions. However, everyone gave everyone else plenty of room and time and no-one had any less fun because of it. There were a couple of guys who were much quicker than me (two in R300s and one guy in an SC Elise who was spectacular to watch) but they never sat right up behind me pushing me on, and as a courtesy I let them through fairly sharpish. No issues on either side, no risk of damage, no less fun.

There's a reason that trackday insurance went through the roof a few years ago, and that's precisely because of attitudes like yours when people felt it was okay to bully others around on track, and as a consequence there were a spate of accidents. Thankfully the TDOs have wised up and now crack down on behaviour like that far quicker than they used to (Circuit Days at Anglesey a couple of years back were the exception, dreadful driving standards!). It's for everyone's benefit that there are rules at trackdays, as what would have happened if the guy being undertaken in the corner under braking hadn't seen the GTR and turned into him? Would it have been fun then?

You're damn right that I'm pushing this and not letting it drop, because I've had friends in the situation where idiots have decided that they didn't want to wait 10 secs longer and driven so aggressively that there was car to car contact, and the poor guy who was minding his own business was clipped in a big way. There is no valid reason for driving like a tool on a trackday. Why do you think there's so many closures and incidents on the Ring these days? In a race you're fair game, on a test day you need to keep your wits about you, but on a track day where there is no competition? Nope, there's no justification for driving that close. Ever.

Just to jump in to Captain's defence here, I've been on a track day with him (Castle Combe), both of us, in our Zeds, and he didn't drive anything like the guy in that video. In fact he ws great with me who was a total novice and took great care to let me follow him and vice versa later on. He was also courteous to other cars and chatting to everyone in the breaks there was absolutely no hint of anyone questioning the way anyone else was driving. So to judge his driving style of the basis of a video he might like is unfairly jumping to conclusions.

Re the video itself, great to watch but I would hate to be on track with so many cars, that's the main issue. If there had been half of the amount of cars on track everyone could have given everyone else a bit more space.

And one final point, Dan massively jealous of you driving an R300 at Castle Combe! I am a bit obsessed with getting a seven at the moment so you've just made me turn (racing) green with envy. It must have been a brilliant day.

The guys driving is appalling and erratic.

No matter how much fun this guys having I don't anybody else on track would have been happy and I reckon after that session he would have got a ball booting.

I wouldn't fancy being on a trackday with him at all. He looks like he's a rich kid who belongs on a hot hatch day

Any trackdays i've attended would in no way, shape or form tolerate this behaviour.

Thats the thing with these R35 GTR's because they're so fast, and have so many computers controlling everything, they make even shitty drivers look good.

Fun for him, not fun for anyone else :thumbdown:

Just because it's "your" thread doesn't mean you're not completely wrong though. What you're calling acceptable driving, there is no justification for.

Please enlighten me as to why you feel it's appropriate to put other people in the position where one mistake by either car could cause serious damage to both machinery and person? Just because you feel you have to get right up someone's chuff under braking, or up the inside at a corner, why should someone else's P&J be put at risk because you don't feel you should have to wait?

What's wrong with being sensible when it comes to high speed on track? I was at Combe yesterday in an R300, in temps of -6 with ice on the track, and I can promise you I wasn't holding back at any point and neither were any of the other drivers, and I ended up very sideways through Quarry on a number of occasions. However, everyone gave everyone else plenty of room and time and no-one had any less fun because of it. There were a couple of guys who were much quicker than me (two in R300s and one guy in an SC Elise who was spectacular to watch) but they never sat right up behind me pushing me on, and as a courtesy I let them through fairly sharpish. No issues on either side, no risk of damage, no less fun.

There's a reason that trackday insurance went through the roof a few years ago, and that's precisely because of attitudes like yours when people felt it was okay to bully others around on track, and as a consequence there were a spate of accidents. Thankfully the TDOs have wised up and now crack down on behaviour like that far quicker than they used to (Circuit Days at Anglesey a couple of years back were the exception, dreadful driving standards!). It's for everyone's benefit that there are rules at trackdays, as what would have happened if the guy being undertaken in the corner under braking hadn't seen the GTR and turned into him? Would it have been fun then?

You're damn right that I'm pushing this and not letting it drop, because I've had friends in the situation where idiots have decided that they didn't want to wait 10 secs longer and driven so aggressively that there was car to car contact, and the poor guy who was minding his own business was clipped in a big way. There is no valid reason for driving like a tool on a trackday. Why do you think there's so many closures and incidents on the Ring these days? In a race you're fair game, on a test day you need to keep your wits about you, but on a track day where there is no competition? Nope, there's no justification for driving that close. Ever.

Life's too short to read this post. :thumbs:

Having taken the time to sit and watch this... dunno what all the fuss is about :shrug: Its a busy track day with a lot of powerful metal present filmed from inside one of the most powerful cars present. Apart from his lines towards the end getting a bit off kilter - he's having fun as is everyone else. He is always totally aware of where other cars are - watch his eyes.

I don't think any of us should be trying to pass comment on a continental trackday with totally different 'rules' to UK days - they're simply not comparable.

Only thing I'd be concerend about is the lack of helmets and hand held photography being allowed - I would confidently say it was a poorly marshalled event regardless of driver skill.

Ive one thing to add..................NO HELMETS= idiot. I did see worse driving of a GTR at donny a couple of years ago he managed to put it into the litter at the bottom of craners which pee'd me off a bit as I was on a good run at the time. He also forced an evo 4 off at the top of craners. He wasnt the only twit though that day as a LP560 followed closely by a new caterham undertook me at the top of craners nearly wiping me out as I was about to move over. Scared the proverbial out of me.

The gtr was funny though as he was a proper div he was complaining all day about finding stones in places...... :lol:

Ive one thing to add..................NO HELMETS= idiot. I did see worse driving of a GTR at donny a couple of years ago he managed to put it into the litter at the bottom of craners which pee'd me off a bit as I was on a good run at the time. He also forced an evo 4 off at the top of craners. He wasnt the only twit though that day as a LP560 followed closely by a new caterham undertook me at the top of craners nearly wiping me out as I was about to move over. Scared the proverbial out of me.

The gtr was funny though as he was a proper div he was complaining all day about finding stones in places...... :lol:

I totally hear you on this... my first track day - detailed here http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=30222&hilit=mustang

mustang nearly took me with him on the hairpin at Knockers when he found his 'limits' - one minute he was tanking up in my rear view next he sailed past my nearside as he turned upside down - check the PH thread link in the thread for photos :lol: