Personalised plates?

theheff

Hey all,

just wondered what peoples views are on personalised plates. if i was to get one id be looking at getting one along the lines of P?? HEF, as in my name, they cost around £189 so quite reasonable in terms of personalised plates.

I've always been unsure about personalised plates as they seem to have a stigma attached to them and people seem to have negative views on them and drivers with them.

just after peoples opinions really

Paul

Although I've never owned one I've thought about it from time to time. Wouldn't mind one of my old plates KDM 2K or YLG 2W. These still show on the DVLA site despite neither of them being taxed for over 20 years, I guess the log books were never returned :shrug: . I also had a look for my initials but as I don't have a middle name the old style reg numbers (pre 1963) are very limited and very expensive :)

Pete

Seen plenty of private plates over here........

sf13.jpg

Its a shame we don't have the same style in the UK. I can think of loads that would be cool B)

....... and I don't know, is the answer to the next question, although she was quite hot B):lol:

I always go for plates that mean something to me, rather than the car. That way I can keep them for life and have them on whatever car I like (age rules permitting).

Some people think they are a bit pompus, but I like them. One of the few things you can buy and have for life that are unique, and nobody else can ever have one the same.

Latest one I put on the bus..

2011-08-19202154.jpg

I always go for plates that mean something to me, rather than the car. ]

Same here.

Thing is Chesterfields will go through an ANPR camera and an MOT, not sure yours will :surrender:

Mines been fine with ANPR and ive even had police cars behind me and not had any problems. I guess its because I havent altered the lettering or messed about with the plate other than the space between the 5 and the H is slightly less than it would normally be.

Some plates I see are all over the shop with letters changed to look like other ones, mounting screws in strange places etc... Ive never seen the point of doing that, just makes the car look stupid.

Just because someone has never been stopped doesn't mean it's ok does it :shrug:

I had the plate on my Leon spaced slightly illegally and it failed the MOT on it, the guy was apologetic but as he said if an inspector or the police watched it leave he could get in trouble, jobsworth maybe but you can't argue can you?

I'm with Ekona (I must be feeling ill :lol:) in wondering what BE SSHOT is supposed to mean :shrug:

I think if it was spaced normally it would suit a lady called Bess who was quite hot B)

Speaking of plates, I just picked up one for the other half as a belated wedding gift. It reads DM04 JSM, which is our initials and the year we met. Doesn't need spacing, doesn't look daft, means something to the both of us. Job = carrot.

I do a lot of shooting, so its quite appropriate for me. The guys down my local shooting club love it.

Did you work out what the other plate says?

Can't say I have, like I said before if it means something to you then :thumbs: if it takes me more than a second to work it out then I just can't be bothered....

I get the shooting club thing, was beginning to think you might be a drug dealer or something :scare:

Just remembered a guy I worked with years ago, he was SOOOOO proud of his 'new' car it was a Daewoo which fair enough he didn't earn a lot and hard a couple of small kids.... but when we saw the plate :scare: It will live with me forever.... :lol:

WA52 NKR

He couldn't work out what we were all laughing at....

:snack:

Speaking of plates, I just picked up one for the other half as a belated wedding gift. It reads DM04 JSM, which is our initials and the year we met. Doesn't need spacing, doesn't look daft, means something to the both of us. Job = carrot.

Pass the bucket :yuck:

Just kidding that is actually very clever

I just showed it to Mary and she has found one for me :throb:

$(KGrHqJ,!hYE1fWBYk9TBN,CHM!4ww~~_1.JPG