How much for fitting...?

The Bounty Bar Kid

depends on the garages hourly rate,

but you'd be looking at about an hour and a halfs work. labour rates of around £30 an hour if that gives you an idea

Given he's asking in Abbey's area, I assume he wants them to do the work ;):)

To the OP, best to give them a ring as they arent always monitoring the forum :thumbs:

I'd suggest a garage to fit and refill the hoses and coolant, as I heard there can be issues trying to bleed the coolant system of any trapped air.

But fitting bonnet lifters, heck that's a 10min job with a socket set. Probably the second easiest mod bar a stubby aerial.

Is any garage £30 an hour now?????

Thats even low for 'mates rates' I think all the Garages near Biscuit normally work on Tractors and get paid with bales of straw :lol:

Oi! Easy...easy fella, I'm from the same neck of the woods, ok.

And I'll have you know we work on combine harvesters, not tractors...

i think i'm just lucky to find an excellent garage clsoe to me with super good prices.

sorry for trashing the thread, will teach me not to read what topic its in. regardless of price difference you can gaurentee a top service with abbey and security of mind that the people wh o are working on your car know it inside out. :thumbs:

Lockwood & Greenwood in Manchester fitted a set of Samco Hoses for me on 24th Jan! Complete set including the air connection as well as the coolant.

Charged me an hour for the job at £49 plus VAT. They also charged £16.47 for new Anti Freeze as they had to drain it down

post-5330-135011918229_thumb.jpg

By the way - if you're buying the Samco hoses, make sure they get the breather pipe underneath pointing in the right direction - Samco sent mine with the hose 90° out so connecting the breather means the hose is now a little strained