Top Gear is back on! (January 2012)

Clown

Just finished watching and at last a GREAT show :thumbs: I even watched the car in a stupid cheap car, so they've even got the guest right. A shame the Stig didn't drive the 3 other cars at Imola to see if HE could beat the 458 time.

Loved the Noble and the funny Hammond issues. If I had a choice it's be the Lambo and Noble toss up, I've always had a place in my heart for Lambo's but the sound of the Noble is epic. What made me laugh is my Mrs said "they all look like your car" :lol: if only darling :blush:

Looking forward to the 2nd episode :thumbs:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NASCAR was epic, really does make a boring sport far more exciting. I thought the spectator rides were great, allowing you the chance to hurtle round whilst in the thick of other cars going round. Then when Hammond was going round the coach drives up ya chuff to intimidate you. Pretty smart.

Agreed we could be driving around in Chinese cars soon. I was shocked at the speed of their growth of road network and cars on the road. Great series so far. :thumbs:

I thought last nights episode was going to be as entertaining as last weeks but turned out to be an episode of 3rd's. Part 1 Nascar, a fine insight to the sport and just how difficult to handle at speed :scare: . Some seemed to be on ice @ 190MPH. Part 2 Merc SLS :cloud9: another fine section and entertaining. But come on part 3, China and their crappy knock offs bored me to death and couldnt wait for the episode to end. In fact didnt turned it off. :thumbdown:

It wasn't as good as last week's, but I still preferred it to the self-indulgent cocking about of the christmas special (and pretty much the whole last series). The thing that really drags for me is the star in a reasonably priced car. Sometimes it's great, like Rowan Atkinson last week; top bloke who likes his cars and is someone who people in the UK are interested in. Matt Leblanc? Really? who cares? Although at least he actually had something to say about cars, a lot of the people they have on clearly couldn't give less of a damn about the cars/driving part and are just there for the free plug. I think maybe they should stop putting a guest in every week for the sake of it and just do it when they can find someone worth having on. I'd rather see more segments like the SLS piece instead.

DB

Bit like watching Arsenal, a couple of good performances make you think the team are back to their best but alas no....

:lol:

:lol::lol: yes exactly, but you will still watch them play.. the same with Top Gear..the love hate relationship ;) We'd all still watch Top Gear even though it's rubbish as there is nothing better on tele on a Sunday night :thumbs: