is a pop charger really worth it?

dr bru

advice please as above guys... am after pros and cons really as my past experience of induction kits have not been too good

admittedly it was on a saxo but no matter what i did the car always used to suffer when in slow moving traffic no matter how much i ried to shield the induction kit.

last thing I want is any drop in performance really

Don’t like them myself.

Sure they sound great but I don’t like the look of them. Prefer the encased stock unit. Never seen any performance gain. In fact I’ve seen performance losses in skylines.

Saw one a Japanese show which had a mad skyline with a ridiculous amount of power. The builder had re-installed the original air boxes as he lost low end power with aftermarket units and wanted to have the power delivered across the rev range.

Don’t like them myself.

Sure they sound great but I don’t like the look of them. Prefer the encased stock unit. Never seen any performance gain. In fact I’ve seen performance losses in skylines.

Saw one a Japanese show which had a mad skyline with a ridiculous amount of power. The builder had re-installed the original air boxes as he lost low end power with aftermarket units and wanted to have the power delivered across the rev range.

That is pretty much the same for any non FI engine with an open cone though.

I echo what Lomoto says realy, no regrets!

The sound is worth it alone and i haven't felt any power loss even in traffic.

I've installed filters on 5 previous cars and i inderstand what you mean by the slow moving traffic effect but i have not had any on the 350z.

KN.jpg

Only had mine a week and definately worth the price I paid second hand :D No noticable improvement on the butt dyno, but no issues in traffic either.

The noise doesnt really get going until over 5k rpm, so have found myself using more revs this week and keeping the stereo off :teeth:

I got my JWT Popcharger from http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=2578 and a polished pipe from Big Phil. I think it cost about $180 including shipping.

Any excuse for a pic :teeth:

100_0932Medium.jpg

Wow only $120.... may have to get my walet out again, dam i hate this site :D

$63 for postage aswell. Had to pay £20ish to clear customs aswell. Still a decent price all in though :teeth: Took about a week to arrive :thumbs:

any difference between the JWT pop charger and the K&N one as there is a fair difference in price?

well the JWT is only the filter.

The K&N includes, filter, filter enclosed casing, intake tube, carbon fibre encasing cover, and the snorkel that goes to the front of the grille

may be worth running on a dyno to check mixture. I have a feeling my maf is a bit dirty after running a k and n pre oiled filter as the mixture is richer than an oil tycoon at the minute :(

checked my maf on the 2 occasions I cleaned the K&N filter, not a single spot of oil on it.

The maf casing is also closer to the throttle body than standard, on the K&N