Hello from Aberdeen :)

Had her a week now and I think I'm in love. It is a shame the stereo is so good because it gets muted coming off every roundabout and set of lights just to listen to the exhaust note :)

nissans.jpg

Apologies for the hopeless low light phone photo.

Bit of bubbling on the alloys and a few scratches on the real strut brace to be dealt with and still need to fathom the phone situation out, but all in all happy - certainly a step up from the company Prius...

:welcome:

Not very often we hear the Bose system described as being excellent. lol.

Alloys cost around £50 each to be refurbed.

What's the issue with the phone? Do you have the Bluetooth adapter in the cradle in the arm rest?

:welcome:

Not very often we hear the Bose system described as being excellent. lol.

Alloys cost around £50 each to be refurbed.

What's the issue with the phone? Do you have the Bluetooth adapter in the cradle in the arm rest?

I haven't had any of the dreaded skipping with it and it knocks the socks off the useless units I have had in the past, but this is my first "proper" car, so I don't have much to compare it to :)

There is a thing in the armrest, but cant see a way of plugging anything into it and my phone doesn't pick up any bluetooth - not looked into it much if I'm honest, I can see a picture of it and a "how on earth does this thing work" from me on the horizon.

Ok.....so you see that cradle in the armrest?

It needs to have a "bluetooth adapter" fitted. They look like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gen-Nissan-35 ... 5ae3578b88

(don't pay that price though! They come up on here regular for sale for less).

See the pics on the first post here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=57393&start=15

Once that's in, you can use the Bluetooth system by pairing your phone :thumbs:

Ok.....so you see that cradle in the armrest?

It needs to have a "bluetooth adapter" fitted. They look like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gen-Nissan-35 ... 5ae3578b88

(don't pay that price though! They come up on here regular for sale for less).

Once that's in, you can use the Bluetooth system by pairing your phone :thumbs:

Too slow :p

But a better answer :blush:

I did see that adapter before I bought the car, but when I got it and had a look I couldn't (and still can't!) see how it connects to the cradle - no form of jack or anything I can see - I may just be being a bit thick :) - job for the future anyway, priority this weekend is to pull the strut brace cover off and give it a bit of a spruce up.

Cheers for the welcomes guys :thumbs:

I did see that adapter before I bought the car, but when I got it and had a look I couldn't (and still can't!) see how it connects to the cradle - no form of jack or anything I can see - I may just be being a bit thick :) - job for the future anyway, priority this weekend is to pull the strut brace cover off and give it a bit of a spruce up.

If you have both bits, then its a case of laying the adapter flat on the cradle so that wee fin bit presses down, then push the adapter towards the back of the car.

Never had one but I believe it just slots into the cradle :thumbs:

Have a search on here, you need to take quite a bit of trim off from the boot to get the strut out, if you manage it without taking a layer of skin off all your fingers then well done :lol:

Have a search on here, you need to take quite a bit of trim off from the boot to get the strut out, if you manage it without taking a layer of skin off all your fingers then well done :lol:

Beat you this time :p

Beat you this time :p

Must be time for bed then :wheelchair:

All set for a day of swearing, getting halfway done, going in a strop and chucking all the toys out of the pram before disappearing down the pub - basically the same as any job I ever attempt myself.