Virgin broadband - double the speeds for free

neo

I'll be getting the 60mbs upgrade too however when we last doubled we were one of the last area's to get it :(

However i'm considering moving in the same area as Jetset and if thats all they have then I'll have to scrub the area off my list.... I need good connectivity with a relatively low latency and Virgin cable is superb. It's one of the considerations of finding the right place.

ADSL even seems hit and miss in Chester too.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference it made to my media experience in going from 1.5Mb to 37Mb via BT Inifinity was immense, I can happily stream full HD movies from the PSN to the PS3 now without any waiting or buffering issues at all, it's fantastic!

The difference it made to my media experience in going from 1.5Mb to 37Mb via BT Inifinity was immense, I can happily stream full HD movies from the PSN to the PS3 now without any waiting or buffering issues at all, it's fantastic!

I'll be getting the 60mbs upgrade too however when we last doubled we were one of the last area's to get it :(

However i'm considering moving in the same area as Jetset and if thats all they have then I'll have to scrub the area off my list.... I need good connectivity with a relatively low latency and Virgin cable is superb. It's one of the considerations of finding the right place.

The Welsh government is prioritising remote areas that have no broadband at all, one of the reasons why ChrisS who lives in a small village has a much better connection than me. There is no cable at all in Buckley or as far as I can tell nothing in Deeside either. Of course I'm a fair way from the exchange, I believe those in the centre of Buckley get approx 6mb but this diminishes to 4.5mb about a mile away and for me the most distant house from the Buckley exchange a mere 3mb. Looking at The BT roadmap there's no date for any improvements in my area and I've got more chance of being selected for the first mission to Mars than I have of getting cable.

Pete

The Welsh government is prioritising remote areas that have no broadband at all, one of the reasons why ChrisS who lives in a small village has a much better connection than me. There is no cable at all in Buckley or as far as I can tell nothing in Deeside either. Of course I'm a fair way from the exchange, I believe those in the centre of Buckley get approx 6mb but this diminishes to 4.5mb about a mile away and for me the most distant house from the Buckley exchange a mere 3mb. Looking at The BT roadmap there's no date for any improvements in my area and I've got more chance of being selected for the first mission to Mars than I have of getting cable.

Pete

I see the upgrades are going well - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16611686

Cable broadband firm Virgin Media has said that services around the UK are now fully restored following a nationwide failure.

The firm apologised to users for Tuesday evening's blackout and said that the issue has now been fixed.

The blackout occurred at peak evening surfing time - 17:00 to 20:00 GMT - on Tuesday.

A spokesman for Virgin Media told the BBC that the problem was caused by a routing hardware fault, but did not say how many of its five million customers were affected.

I see the upgrades are going well - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16611686

Cable broadband firm Virgin Media has said that services around the UK are now fully restored following a nationwide failure.

The firm apologised to users for Tuesday evening's blackout and said that the issue has now been fixed.

The blackout occurred at peak evening surfing time - 17:00 to 20:00 GMT - on Tuesday.

A spokesman for Virgin Media told the BBC that the problem was caused by a routing hardware fault, but did not say how many of its five million customers were affected.

I wonder if thats why i was having trouble last night getting on the forum? :surrender:

Have had an email telling me i am going to 120mb B)

I wonder if thats why i was having trouble last night getting on the forum? :surrender:

Rather have 5Mb that worked than 120Mb that didnt :lol:

I dont have 120mb :p And to be honest the service i have is very good and very rarely fails. :)

I dont have 120mb :p

No but thats where they are trying to get you to and clearly their failover isnt very good going by this blackout they had :p

I dont have 120mb :p

No but thats where they are trying to get you to and clearly their failover isnt very good going by this blackout they had :p

The service is normally very good and hardly ever fails. It cant i have to much money staked in poker games :p I certainly would not be going back to any isp that use's the BT lines. :)

Nowt wrong with twisted copper pair lad :lol: To be fair the infrastructure in this country is shocking. I look forward to the day we finally get proper fibre optic to the door B) I'm hoping Blasingmoke will be a trial area for FTTP as it was with FTTC.