A late welcome.....UPDATED

Hi all been active(ish) on here for a little bit now just thought id say hi properly.

Having my clio V6 for a while i decided a change was needed (and had a buyer ready). I only do about 5000 miles a year due to having a work van and so I looked at a variety of cars including an S4, R32, M3 etc but the Z kept coming back to me.

IMG_0010.jpg

I was looking at 05/06 plates when this '57' with a few more miles came about. It was mint and only one owner so decided i would rather have the later car and took the plunge. I absolutely love it. Got to get a few things sorted on it like the oil pressure gauge still not working but apart from that its an absolute joy!

IMG_0163.jpg

Thanks for the welcome.

I wont lie, the clio was epic. The attention and respect you get in it was un rivaled. I used to go to goodwood breakfast meet regularly where there are ferrari's astons etc and it got more attention than all of them. To drive it was fun, the noise of the engine behind you was amazing. However it could be a bit tricky to handle and not the sort of car you would want to lose the back as there is little chance of catching it.

The Zed is alot quicker and alot more refined to drive. I do miss the rarity of the clio but i had had it for a year and it was time for a change. I would not rule out buying a Phase 2 in the future though

Welcome along,know what you mean about the v6 clio....i had one a few years back and the attention it got was unreal......also the back end as you say was sometimes scary....lol.. :thumbdown:

Seamy

Thanks for the welcome.

I wont lie, the clio was epic. The attention and respect you get in it was un rivaled. I used to go to goodwood breakfast meet regularly where there are ferrari's astons etc and it got more attention than all of them. To drive it was fun, the noise of the engine behind you was amazing. However it could be a bit tricky to handle and not the sort of car you would want to lose the back as there is little chance of catching it.

The Zed is alot quicker and alot more refined to drive. I do miss the rarity of the clio but i had had it for a year and it was time for a change. I would not rule out buying a Phase 2 in the future though

Welcome along! :wave: lovely looking Nismo Zed you have there, very shiney!!! :teeth:

Thanks mate im a bit OCD with cleaning cars to be honest. Not like extreme detailer (although do use a DA polisher and then some nice wax :D )but cant stand a dirty car and only ever hand washed!

Welcome Along :wave:

Headlight covers only come with the headlights unfortunately. Are they properly cracked or just scratched/cloudy? if so you can polish out with Megs metal polish :thumbs: Have a search on here and you will find a thread on it :thumbs:

:welcome: Great Clio and Z. The last V6 Clio I saw had, as it happens, gone through a hedge backwards (literally) but I still love them - especially the sound. A couple of years ago there were a couple of them running in Rallycross.

Cheers mate, thats a common place to see a clio. There are so many cat c and d ones out there, not to mention those that now live in car heaven. That one was a real genuine standard (when i got it) low mileage and low owner car. It is not uncommon for them to have had 10+ owners!