Why the UK is in a mess?

spursmaddave

Ok only an isolated case and not really a fair comparison but....

My other half ordered me something nice from Germany yesterday afternoon. I didn't expect to see it until well into the new year... but got an email today saying it was picked up by UPS at 07:00 am this morning and now it is in Hamburg being processed and will be delivered by end of day thursday....

Compare that with Currys who I tried to order a freezer from last week and who basically laughed when i said i would like it this week....

:shrug:

At least my parcel isn't coming from Greece :surrender:

I thought that as I typed it but then thought no, can't be bothered to change it, should have know young Hugh would've picked up on it!! :lol:

Mrs glrnet went shopping today, 11 miles away, and couldn't get custard, cream, icing for the cake or bin bags. And before anyone asks yes she did go to a supermarket :lol:

Why oh why is she icing bin bags ? :blush:

Ooooooooo, gauges from Latvia, how very continental ;)

I ordered gauges from Latvia on Thursday and had them On Friday at 2pm :#1:

Aem seller in uk. Stuff came in less than 24hrs. Fedex 24 hr. 1st class service!

Seller was the cheapest on full web

We have some Christmas stuff that was ordered from M&S on the 9th December that remains undelivered. The items have been with the courier since the 12th but they are making every excuse in the book as to why they haven't delivered, latest one being they are short staffed . BTW,Caroline ordered some crafting items from The U.S also on the 9th and they arrived on the 15th :shrug:

Pete

We have some Christmas stuff that was ordered from M&S on the 9th December that remains undelivered. The items have been with the courier since the 12th but they are making every excuse in the book as to why they haven't delivered, latest one being they are short staffed . BTW,Caroline ordered some crafting items from The U.S also on the 9th and they arrived on the 15th :shrug:

Pete

There probably hoping for a light dusting of snow to blame it on :rant:

Too many people in this country want to do a pi@@ poor job and expect to be paid over the odds for it and then be entitled to a pension that will ruin us all!!!

I think I am going to stowaway with doogyrev and maybe work as his Chauffeur in Canada, he could pay me in scampi :lol:

Pete

Too many people in this country want to do a pi@@ poor job and expect to be paid over the odds for it and then be entitled to a pension that will ruin us all!!!

I think I am going to stowaway with doogyrev and maybe work as his Chauffeur in Canada, he could pay me in scampi :lol:

thev'e got giant scampi in canada will be trying them in april 2012 :thumbs:

There ain't enough scampi in the world for that to happen :D

Pete

do you realise the quantity of post that you get over christmas? 1 year at uni i worked as temp staff for royal mail to help cope with the increase over christmas.

every 3 days from the 1st of dec the post doubled; by about the 20th you could almost be buried alive in the amount that came in.

i'm not saying the service is perfect, but its part and parcel of the time of year. :shrug: