Best set of mods for £1k

Jimmy P

I know there are a few threads on this topic already, but I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were regarding how to get the best increase in performace for my £1k? This could be straight up power or better suspension set-ups, tyres etc

I have already booked an advanced driver training session for early next year in an attempt to improve the soft, fleshy, fallable part of the car :drive1 but I am planning to tweak a bit more performance out of it once I've done that.

All thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated! :)

I'd probably say uprated pads (Performance Friction or Carbon Lorraine), braided brake hoses and some Motul RBF600 fluid and a set of Eibach sway bars. That lot + fitting should come to about £1,000. That should give you a much better handling car :thumbs:

+1

Good point by Ekona aswell, although I wouldnt class decent tyres as a performance upgrade, more of a necessity :)

Adjustable Eibach sway bars.

DBA Performance 6 x 6 wiper slot brake rotors front and rear.

Ferodo DS2500 performance brake pads front and rear.

HKS braided brake lines all round.

Motul RBF600 fluid.

£1182.00

Doesn't get any better than that :#1:

All in stock and good to go same/next day :thumbs:

Drop me a pm if I can help you further.

Alex. :)

^ yup would definately go down the route of brakes and bracing first :thumbs: Especially if you're going down the route of performance driving lessons - you're obviously going to end up on track once you've done that :lol:

hahaha, defo!!!

One lesson and i'm now about 15k down on parts and labour :lol: Plus sh1tloads of fuel....

Do the brakes and suspension first, much more beneficial than power :thumbs:

No point having more power if the car cant use it and 1k on engine isnt going to make that much difference to the speed and power of the vehicle unfortunately

Apparently the stock Y pipe is not good for power increases, get that shifted and replaced with something like a stillen Y (tarmac is your man for that), plus some berks and uprev (contact abbey or similar on here for a possible deal on that) and you are plenty way to getting some decent drivability :thumbs:

Failing that stick on some new michelins all round once the winter has passed!

Wow, been offline for a couple of days and only just logged in to check on the responses! Thanks very much for all the advice guys, I've already booked the advanced driver training for next year so based on this feedback it'll either be a set of Michelins or the package that Zmanalex mentioned! :)

Wow, been offline for a couple of days and only just logged in to check on the responses! Thanks very much for all the advice guys, I've already booked the advanced driver training for next year so based on this feedback it'll either be a set of Michelins or the package that Zmanalex mentioned! :)

Pm received and replied to :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

if your after coilovers go for hsd's yop coilovers! and used by most drifters in the uk :) also driftworks are doing them at 0% fiance for up to 3 years think i might get a set lol

lol holythread revival!

Anyways, O.P what did you go for ?