Nissan Main Dealer or Abbey Motorsport

Jimmy P

I've decided that before the icy embrace of winter is upon us I'm going to get the Zed serviced (last one was only 4,000 miles ago, but it was Jan 2010...), and I was wondering what the consensus was regarding whether to take it to a main nissan dealer or to Abbey? I've read good things on here about them? and I'm guessing it'll save a few quid...

Thanks guys! :)

Independant everytime.

there is no actual requirement to have a car serviced by a Dealership as long as the garage used are VAT registered and use genuine parts (this is in reference to not voiding warranties)

Abbey again. Family run business with a really good crew. Add to that that they run the fastest Jap engined (stock block'd and headed 3500cc Z motor) dragster in Europe and you know you're dealing with professionals who know Z's and GTR's inside out (they're also damn good mechanics full stop, so you're safe taking any car/van there) and of course courtesy cars are a major benefit !

I've decided that before the icy embrace of winter is upon us I'm going to get the Zed serviced (last one was only 4,000 miles ago, but it was Jan 2010...), and I was wondering what the consensus was regarding whether to take it to a main nissan dealer or to Abbey? I've read good things on here about them? and I'm guessing it'll save a few quid...

Thanks guys! :)

Hey Jimmy,

for what its worth most of the guys on the skyline owners forum really rate Abbey

Rob

Anywhere but Nissan , I would rather give a spanner and hammer to my granny and let her have ago at it before I would go to Nissan :lol::thumbs:

:lol: at this!

Thanks very much again for the response guys, if I decide to get anything extra done while I'm up at Abbey I'll make sure to post up pics / dyno runs depending on what happens. :)

Without a doubt ABBEY.

Many motorists these days shoot themselves in the foot when it comes to main dealer service history. We insist on it when buying even though we know it very rarely amounts to much, me included. BUT NO MORE. :rant:

We all know the majority of them are below par with several layers of people between you and the guy doing the work. Better to deal face to face cos he has to face your wrath if things aren’t as they should be, not some dolly bird with BIG EYES (or similar :wacko: ) to distract your attention.

Unfortunately dealerships (and not exclusively Nissan) are pretty poor when it comes to servicing. My family have been mechanicking for fifty years and they are always commenting how they are getting cars 'serviced' by dealerships come to him afterwards in a shoddy state and massively over charged. It may sound good getting a dealership stamp but as a previous poster said, mostly the experienced fella who talks to you when you hand the car over gives the keys to someone else, who tosses them to the work experience kid who does the service. If you are going to pay the premium, get a your monies worth by having a proper mechanic on it.

• 1 month later...

Right, I finally got round to my P1 service at Abbey and I have to say, I'm seriously glad I listened to all the opinions on here. The customer service was exceptional (as was the cheese and pastrami wrap!) and it was excellent to be over to look over the Jamie's shoulder while he performed the inspection and see what was going on!

Also, whoever suggested that the squeaking from my rear axle was caused by the droplinks was bang on! :thumbs: