Time for a new car!!!!!!!!

Ricey

I have £7900 smackers in my hand and I want change (and lots of it!)

Focus ST is top of my hit list........does anyone want to convince me otherwise? Considered a Mazda 6 MPS but tax is mentol, fuel consumption is mentol but it is 4wd and looks reet good.

Focus is winning at the moment on the basis of practicality, nice unusual engine, looks pretty (electric Orange is my preference), reasonable to insure (until I mod it).

Criteria is;

- not massive amounts more expensive to run than the Lancer.

- practical to a degree.

- more than 2 seats (3 would be perfect :p )

- reliable (therefore Alpha's are off the menu).

- Something 'unusual' about it.

You can probably tell I'm fairly taken by the ASBO but I could be swayed as I'm slightly concerned about looked like a shaven headed, tattoo'd, asbo driving, hood-rat.

Yayyyyyyyyyyy - new car time :teeth:

6 MPS is fast and fun to drive, but looks bland as hell and as you say the runnings costs dont justify it.

You may as well get an RX8 R3 for the price it would cost. More fun and cost just as much to run :p:lol:

I'd be sorely tempted to get an R34 GTT for that price.

Single turbo, good chassis, 4 seats, and potential for buggering about with it.

6 MPS is fast and fun to drive, but looks bland as hell and as you say the runnings costs dont justify it.

You may as well get an RX8 R3 for the price it would cost. More fun and cost just as much to run :p:lol:

EXACTLY my problem with the MPS - way too bland.

You know my feelings on the RX8 (although the R3 looks :cloud9: ) :p I probably should have added to that list - must be a lazy engine. I hate engines you have to thrash to death (bye bye any thing Honda :lol: )

EXACTLY my problem with the MPS - way too bland.

You know my feelings on the RX8 (although the R3 looks :cloud9: ) :p I probably should have added to that list - must be a lazy engine. I hate engines you have to thrash to death (bye bye any thing Honda :lol: )

I stand by what I say about R34:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3181935.htm

It's jap, bullet proof, and lots of change from your budget.

Plus TorqueGT are known to provide sound cars :thumbs:

you considered a mazda3mps

friend has one its 260 standard!

got the 2.3 lump in it so bag loads of torque and the turbo on boost is awesome! you dont see many of them about either so will be a nice surprise for someone in an ST who thinks they are just about to blow you away in your 1.6 NA mazda3 hatch

think you can pick them up fairly cheap now and being jap they are reliable as hell!

biased choice for me though would be another astra vxr, so much quicker than the ST but then if your tuning it then it doenst matter too much i suppose!

Great minds lexx I was gonna suggest an r34 gtt as well

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3402569.htm

Ricey il give u the extra £600.... Once lexx has bought my car :lol:

Lol - at what point does an R34 become 'not massive amounts more expensive' to run than a Diesel Lancer! :lol:

Not sure Carla would be too impressed either - when Ian bagged his Skyline her exact words were 'is that a joke - whats he really bought?' :lol:

Don't forget we've still got the 350z sat on the drive too!

I did look at the Maz 3 MPS but same problem as the 6 - bit bland for me.

Also even given the big BPH differences nothing seems much quicker than the ST

go get a test drive in the 3mps! then you will see how much quicker they are!

i know they look bland standard, but you did say you were going to be modding it, and if you get one with an aero kit, and stick some rx8 18s on them, they begin to look alot sportier!

what other options you been looking at?

I've had 2 astra vxr's and i cant really fault them. If your thinking about tunning then stage 2 or 3 is a waste of money unless you shell out £1000 for a LSD.

Now that the new astra vxr is on sale (looks awesome) you can pick up a low mile 2007 for your money.

i know they look bland standard, but you did say you were going to be modding it, and if you get one with an aero kit, and stick some rx8 18s on them, they begin to look alot sportier!

The only mods I'm looking to do (no one laugh! I've always wanted a car with a dump valve :surrender: ) is a dump valve and a stainless zorst. Insurance is bad enough as it is these days (especially with the 350 modded).

You know what - the guy knocked £100 off me for the Lancer then I saved him £100 on his insurance as his quote had expired and hadn't added his missus onto the policy or anything! Also left with 85 pre loaded CDs on the hard drive! Bloody steal if you ask me.

Other cars..........honestly - nothing is floating my boat apart from the ST but I'm not 100% sure on that either;

- R32.....I'd get one but it'd be thrashed.

- 3 MPS - not doing it for me looks wise. Running costs much higher

- 6 MPS - not going it for me looks wise. Running costs much higher

- VXR - sad as it sounds I'm a Ford man...just can't take to Vauxhalls.

- Alfa - would always be worrying about breaking down (I know the rep is getting better), horrendous costs for what they are, not sure anything other than the Brera is doing it for me looks wise and they're slower than dirt.

- Volvo C30 T5......meh

- Renault.......errrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhh

- Something totally different.......4x4 (as in a big dobber thing)........I just don't need it and it'll cost a bomb to run (I'd literally just be buying for the experience).

- Anything with 2 seats.........why I look I don't know because I need at least one car that can carry 4 people just in case the need ever occurs!

- Older 90's sports cars........money pits and cost a bomb to run.

- Seat Leon Cupra.........meh

- Audi something or another..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

- Anything Honda........rev tastic

I'm not a massive ford or vauxhall fan, they have never done it for me, grew up in Essex and it was the weapon of choice for every tom dick and harry, so I've always preferred something different. they are mean to be good cars though

personally i would look at

Golf R32

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3306620.htm

Alfa Brera V6 4wd (tad over budget) (possibly expensive on the tax side) soooooooooooooo pretty (but very heavy, and not as fast as they look) (4WD :teeth: )

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3445283.htm

Celica GT4 (so much win for very little money, use the left over for fuel and insurance)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3419208.htm

if you threated to break my arm with big burly blokes and i had no choice but to own a small vauxhall then i'd have one of these (proper little pocket rocket)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3451685.htm

clio V6 ( a little over priced, but they proper little beasts, sadly only 2 seats)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3441329.htm

V8 porsche 928 (bit old school but very pretty)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2792048.htm

BMW 850 V12 with LPG (this is genius)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3293388.htm

The only mods I'm looking to do (no one laugh! I've always wanted a car with a dump valve :surrender: ) is a dump valve and a stainless zorst. Insurance is bad enough as it is these days (especially with the 350 modded).

You know what - the guy knocked £100 off me for the Lancer then I saved him £100 on his insurance as his quote had expired and hadn't added his missus onto the policy or anything! Also left with 85 pre loaded CDs on the hard drive! Bloody steal if you ask me.

Other cars..........honestly - nothing is floating my boat apart from the ST but I'm not 100% sure on that either;

- R32.....I'd get one but it'd be thrashed.

- 3 MPS - not doing it for me looks wise. Running costs much higher

- 6 MPS - not going it for me looks wise. Running costs much higher

- VXR - sad as it sounds I'm a Ford man...just can't take to Vauxhalls.

- Alfa - would always be worrying about breaking down (I know the rep is getting better), horrendous costs for what they are, not sure anything other than the Brera is doing it for me looks wise and they're slower than dirt.

- Volvo C30 T5......meh

- Renault.......errrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhh

- Something totally different.......4x4 (as in a big dobber thing)........I just don't need it and it'll cost a bomb to run (I'd literally just be buying for the experience).

- Anything with 2 seats.........why I look I don't know because I need at least one car that can carry 4 people just in case the need ever occurs!

- Older 90's sports cars........money pits and cost a bomb to run.

- Seat Leon Cupra.........meh

- Audi something or another..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

- Anything Honda........rev tastic

Can I suggest a pedal bike or the bus :surrender:

:lol:

Audi TT :)

I already know what you're going to say, but your loss :p

They're great cars, the 1.8T is an astonishing engine. 260BHP with just a remap, and that lovely dump valve sound if you so choose :p

You can get a great one for 6k.

This was mine, still miss it a bit :)

colouredlightscopy.jpg

10,000 x better than a chavvy Focus :thumbdown:

You've had 4 recommendations for an R34 GTT so far, and its still not on yuor list.... :lol: I guess thats a no.

:lol: I'm not too sure how to say it without offending the entire Skyline driving world but for all I can appreciate how technically amazing they are..........fook me they've got a look only a mother could love. I mean seriously that car was shot out of a cannon into a forest of ugly trees and then beaten by a gang of Fiat Multipla's with clubs made from the the branches of the ugly trees.

The interior looks like the inside of a 1970's office block.........after a nuclear holocaust..........where an nuclear holocaust survivor lived for a bit and took a turd.

................I'm not keen :p

Also........they're GROUP 20 and do about 10 miles to the gallon and run on super!!!!!! As I said - at what point does an R34 become 'not massive amounts more expensive' to run than a Diesel Lancer! I've got 4 Degus to feed and clothe you know! :lol:

Audi TT :)

I already know what you're going to say, but your loss :p

:p It had occurred to me to eat my words mate..........the fuel consumption vs power is pretty unreal. Again not massively practical.

I am slightly nervous about getting a Focus when considering the chav factor but I keep looking at Ian10101010100101010's an it gives me a near touch on.

I did take a peek at the Monaro Lexx............but then I put my brain back it its leaking sponge bag and gave myself a slap!