I.C.E. finished.... for now

spursmaddave

My I.C.E. as with many other areas of my car has seen some changes :wacko:

Back in the day, my Bose headunit lasted exactly 2 days before being ripped out and replaced with an all-in-one double din.

I then picked up some lovely Hertz speakers from a member on her and paired them up with a JL amp which sounded great but the bass still went through the bose sub :thumbdown:

I have been thinking about building a sub box for the bose sub location or an under strut install but never got round to it.

I recently changed my HU so i thought i would bite the bullet and get a sub, as always i like to be different so i got one of these -

ts-wx77a_1_gallery.jpg

A Pioneer TS-WX77A

It looked like it would fit in the space between the rear strut and seat, or so i thought...

c57a07cc.jpg

Fairly large....

Anyway it fits in the boot nicely and sounds fantastic :cloud9: ive only got it on about 40% and its LOUD :headhurt:

c2fce57f.jpg

db934ea8.jpg

Thanks chaps....

I am very very chuffed with the results, particularly as I did it all myself :teeth:

The HU is a JVC KW-AVX840, I wanted a 7" screen to fill the double din, didn't need satnav and the JVC fitted the bill :thumbs:

So far so good, although it has locked up a couple of times playing my iPod classic, but that may be because I am using the iPod cable from my pioneer....

The sub is a LOT bigger than I thought it would be, I knew I should have looked at the dimensions :doh:

The sound quality is great, nice deep rich bass and surprisingly rounded considering its a flat sub... no doubt at all that a sub or pair of subs with a box would sound better but it would have taken some fabrication and would have cost a fair bit more than the £250 for the Pioneer, especially as it is active which saved on getting a separate amp.

It was really easy to fit, just a permanent live from the battery and then a remote and an RCA to the HU, also it has a nice remote control which is now in my cubby, and NO Jim it has not been above about 40% :headhurt:

I need to sit and get everything set up nicely, another good thing about the JVC is that you can tweak lots and lots of features of the output :thumbs:

The CF is an RSW kit B)

• 2 weeks later...

On another thread someone asked about where I put the button to turn the nav off or reset and how I hard wired it so I took a few pics this morning :teeth:

Button location -

07a59658.jpg?t=1322295934

Hard wiring to existing cigarette lighter in passenger footwell, you don't need to remove any trim, although it might make it slightly easier if you do...

617943e0.jpg?t=1322295930

10867dff.jpg?t=1322295925

54812992.jpg?t=1322295920

:thumbs:

If you want one, then PM me what genre's love/hate, and I'll make one up when I go on leave. :thumbs:

Always a good way to learn of new bands :thumbs:

Love - SKA/Reggae/Rock/Indie/80s

Hate - C&W/Trance

I'm a bit out of touch to be honest :blush: reliving my youth :wheelchair:

Doogy will tell you that I have good taste as when we compared music collections they were VERY similar :lol:

You're out of touch?? Wait until you get to my age :lol::lol:

If you want one, then PM me what genre's love/hate, and I'll make one up when I go on leave. :thumbs:

Always a good way to learn of new bands :thumbs:

Love - SKA/Reggae/Rock/Indie/80s

Hate - C&W/Trance

I'm a bit out of touch to be honest :blush: reliving my youth :wheelchair:

Doogy will tell you that I have good taste as when we compared music collections they were VERY similar :lol: