"The two mods". What 2 performance mods for gains?

Mega

Right.

Excluding any kind of FI discussions what would you recommend are the two best £ for ft/lb mods I can do to the zed?

Its an 04 350z GT.

Already has a Miltek backbox by the look of things! (I'm being premature as I'm picking up the car tomorrow :) ) so for now let's not dicsuss exhaust mods.. I know the Y pipe is popular but I've not been able to verify exactly what has been done to the exhaust yet.

So. I'm thinking UpRev and "something" ?

Thoughts appreciated :)

Not sure if this, is worth the money, what do you guys think?

http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php ... 86646759a0

Horsham developments have a very good name and are highly recognised as very good engineers. For the money, I would say the plenum spacer is the most cost effective power gain along with decats and remap.

Tyres and driver training. Will make you go much faster than another 20bhp ever will.

Appreciated. I'm not too bad behind the wheel.. kart from time to time etc (oh go on then:

:) :) ) but clearly this will be the biggest difference in tracktime you are still right.

Tyres will be sorted in due course.

Not sure if this, is worth the money, what do you guys think?

http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php ... 86646759a0

Horsham developments have a very good name and are highly recognised as very good engineers. For the money, I would say the plenum spacer is the most cost effective power gain along with decats and remap.

I'm not really prepared to decat as I can't be bothered with the MOT hassles on emissions every year but the plenum spacer looks like a good purchase to go along with the UpRev. I believe Abbey can account for the spacer and tweek the map slightly also?

Is this: http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php ... s_id=25052 the one to go for or are there better kits around?

Cheers guys

Dave

What are the costs/BHP gains (dyno proven please ? ) on the high flow cats.. and what is the cell count on said cats?

I'm planning a fairly stringently controlled £/ft lb spend on the performance side... don't want to go over board :)

What are the costs/BHP gains (dyno proven please ? ) on the high flow cats.. and what is the cell count on said cats?

I'm planning a fairly stringently controlled £/ft lb spend on the performance side... don't want to go over board :)

the best advice i can give is to sell the zed and buy something with a turbo then. You can spend thousands on the the car, I reckon 1k to even reach around factory quoted figures i'm afraid mate. I spent mega bucks and made hardly anything. If I could go back now I would save my cash up and go for a tt set up once I had enough. Works out alot better hp/£ ratio

the best advice i can give is to sell the zed and buy something with a turbo then. You can spend thousands on the the car, I reckon 1k to even reach around factory quoted figures i'm afraid mate. I spent mega bucks and made hardly anything. If I could go back now I would save my cash up and go for a tt set up once I had enough. Works out alot better hp/£ ratio

I want an NA car and am aware of the pitfalls of NA versus FI. Don't get me wrong.

If 1k gets me even 20-30 BHP I'd be very happy with those returns. What I don't want to do though is spend 300 quid on induction to gain say 3bhp!

I want an NA car and am aware of the pitfalls of NA versus FI. Don't get me wrong.

If 1k gets me even 20-30 BHP I'd be very happy with those returns. What I don't want to do though is spend 300 quid on induction to gain say 3bhp!

you wont gain 20-30bhp, I've spent a few k and made 305.5 at the fly, the car standard should have had 297.

Someone on here done 350ish on an n/a car and cost megabucks. Probs more than to turbo.

What year of zed do you have. Search the dyno results thread for an idea. Most 276bhp cars rarely make 300bhp with uprev(around 400quid), HFC's (350ish-400), exhaust (upto 1k+), CAI (250+). Theres is plenty of reading on the dyno thread for it :thumbs:

If 1k gets me even 20-30 BHP I'd be very happy with those returns.

It won't. I'm planning some N/A mods in the near future and expect almost nothing in terms of dyno gains. What it will do though (according to the guys who've done it) is make the car feel much better to drive.

DB

If 1k gets me even 20-30 BHP I'd be very happy with those returns.

It won't. I'm planning some N/A mods in the near future and expect almost nothing in terms of dyno gains. What it will do though (according to the guys who've done it) is make the car feel much better to drive.

DB

yeah, it becomes more responsive and much smoother torque etc. Increase torque at lower end etc.

Nothing that major that makes you go, "wow it feels so different!" i'm afraid

I'm running a 2004 (276bhp) zed and I've just broken 300bhp, now running 301.6bhp to be precise but to get to that the car has had:

Up-Rev

Plenum Spacer

Japspeed K2 Exhaust

Japspeed Y-Pipe

Berk High Flow Cats

2006 Airbox Mod

A couple of them were on the car before I bought it but I'm sure you can look around at prices to see how much plus labour that will have cost to get just a smidge over 300bhp! Probably £1500+ in total. Think it was 270 or 274bhp stock, so 27-30bhp increase overall

I'm running a 2004 (276bhp) zed and I've just broken 300bhp, now running 301.6bhp to be precise but to get to that the car has had:

Up-Rev

Plenum Spacer

Japspeed K2 Exhaust

Japspeed Y-Pipe

Berk High Flow Cats

2006 Airbox Mod

A couple of them were on the car before I bought it but I'm sure you can look around at prices to see how much plus labour that will have cost to get just a smidge over 300bhp! Probably £1500+ in total. Think it was 270 or 274bhp stock, so 27-30bhp increase overall

Wow, that's a pretty impressive figure for those mods, is it tuned right to the edge or something? swap the japspeed for a Milltek and that's my shopping list, but i'll be amazed if it hits 300bhp. Very happy, but amazed.

DB

Wow, that's a pretty impressive figure for those mods, is it tuned right to the edge or something? swap the japspeed for a Milltek and that's my shopping list, but i'll be amazed if it hits 300bhp. Very happy, but amazed.

DB

It was 294bhp prior to the 06 Airbox Mod and Berk HFCs. So they added just under 8bhp but cost a fair whack for bhp/£! Also gained 17lb/ft throughout with those mods as well, much flatter torque curve after the second remap at RS Tuning.

you wont gain 20-30bhp, I've spent a few k and made 305.5 at the fly, the car standard should have had 297.

Someone on here done 350ish on an n/a car and cost megabucks. Probs more than to turbo.

What year of zed do you have. Search the dyno results thread for an idea. Most 276bhp cars rarely make 300bhp with uprev(around 400quid), HFC's (350ish-400), exhaust (upto 1k+), CAI (250+). Theres is plenty of reading on the dyno thread for it :thumbs:

I easily got approx 25 HP with those kind of mods when I got the UpRev (Milltek full exhaust, Motordyne plenum spacer, HKS Panel filter, Berk HFCs) and could have done a bit more with say a Velocity stack or an 06 airbox on my 04 276 Zed! I think you're basing it too much on your 297 BHP model, I think the 276 model yields better gains TBH. (I am basing approx 300 @ the fly by the fact I get 256.7 at the wheels, at around 15% driveterain loss that sounds about right to me)

HKS plenum spacer? Thats a new one to me

My car (DE) made 296hp with just headers, HFC and an exhaust :) No remap, no plenum spacer & no 06+ airbox - on the same dyno a few months earlier i made 280ish with the same setup but also a plenum spacer and popcharger