"The two mods". What 2 performance mods for gains?

Mega

HKS plenum spacer? Thats a new one to me

My car (DE) made 296hp with just headers, HFC and an exhaust :) No remap, no plenum spacer & no 06+ airbox - on the same dyno a few months earlier i made 280ish with the same setup but also a plenum spacer and popcharger

:lol: I edited now, fingers were too keen!

you wont gain 20-30bhp, I've spent a few k and made 305.5 at the fly, the car standard should have had 297.

Someone on here done 350ish on an n/a car and cost megabucks. Probs more than to turbo.

What year of zed do you have. Search the dyno results thread for an idea. Most 276bhp cars rarely make 300bhp with uprev(around 400quid), HFC's (350ish-400), exhaust (upto 1k+), CAI (250+). Theres is plenty of reading on the dyno thread for it :thumbs:

I easily got approx 25 HP with those kind of mods when I got the UpRev (Milltek full exhaust, Motordyne plenum spacer, HKS Panel filter, Berk HFCs) and could have done a bit more with say a Velocity stack or an 06 airbox on my 04 276 Zed! I think you're basing it too much on your 297 BHP model, I think the 276 model yields better gains TBH. (I am basing approx 300 @ the fly by the fact I get 256.7 at the wheels, at around 15% driveterain loss that sounds about right to me)

very rarely has any of the 276 models cleared the 300ps mark with ease. The mods you have are all very good mods and expensive. The total bill will be much more than the 1k this owner was thinking about.

The 25hp difference doesnt make the car feel alot faster, maybe a bit more responsive and to the butt dyno it may feel alot faster. Ive trawled all the dyno threads and rarely seen 300hp on the 276 without spending more money that its worth i'm afraid.

Remember every dyno reads differently so the actual accuracy is a thing to remember also.

If you want a really fast car dont buy a zed, simples.

you wont gain 20-30bhp, I've spent a few k and made 305.5 at the fly, the car standard should have had 297.

Someone on here done 350ish on an n/a car and cost megabucks. Probs more than to turbo.

What year of zed do you have. Search the dyno results thread for an idea. Most 276bhp cars rarely make 300bhp with uprev(around 400quid), HFC's (350ish-400), exhaust (upto 1k+), CAI (250+). Theres is plenty of reading on the dyno thread for it :thumbs:

I easily got approx 25 HP with those kind of mods when I got the UpRev (Milltek full exhaust, Motordyne plenum spacer, HKS Panel filter, Berk HFCs) and could have done a bit more with say a Velocity stack or an 06 airbox on my 04 276 Zed! I think you're basing it too much on your 297 BHP model, I think the 276 model yields better gains TBH. (I am basing approx 300 @ the fly by the fact I get 256.7 at the wheels, at around 15% driveterain loss that sounds about right to me)

very rarely has any of the 276 models cleared the 300ps mark with ease. The mods you have are all very good mods and expensive. The total bill will be much more than the 1k this owner was thinking about.

The 25hp difference doesnt make the car feel alot faster, maybe a bit more responsive and to the butt dyno it may feel alot faster. Ive trawled all the dyno threads and rarely seen 300hp on the 276 without spending more money that its worth i'm afraid.

Remember every dyno reads differently so the actual accuracy is a thing to remember also.

If you want a really fast car dont buy a zed, simples.

Agree with you on the subtle difference but I think it is significant as long as you don't expect too much and just thought it was a bit misleading to say you would never get to the 300 mark, I think it can be done fairly easily if you choose the right mods, and yes it is variable as you say. It won't be cheap and it's up to the buyer if they think it's worth it but the OP said he wasn't expecting massive gains and he has a Milltek backbox already and he possibly may have other parts of the exhaust (IIRC Milltek only comes as a full package but earlier zorsts may have let you buy indiviudaly), so he maybe half way there in a way. I would add Berk HFCs, Mortordyne plenum spacer, and a velocity stack on top of that.