Signing Off.................

Sarnie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of skiing - anyone got any tips for a complete novice skier? I'm going to california next week to work and hope to visit Tahoe and do my first bit of skiing or boarding - any little nuggets of work would be very much appreciated!

make sure your well insured :thumbs:

On the subject of skiing - anyone got any tips for a complete novice skier? I'm going to california next week to work and hope to visit Tahoe and do my first bit of skiing or boarding - any little nuggets of work would be very much appreciated!

Try not to fall over......

Yes,

try snowboarding

1) is cooler :teeth:

2) its easier to learn :p

Tahoe is cool, but which resort??? Heavenly is as its name suggests, but Alpine Meadow is quaint (and quiet) but Sierra is best IMO. Look out for lift pass deals in the local ski shops too - last year was $50 - $60 a day full whack.

If you're flying to SFO you can look forward to a 4-5 hour drive and if the weather is bad you'll need chains at the top or a 4x4.

As for skiing then my advice would be that if you are going with a group of similar ability then book a group lesson together. Lessons in the morning - free time in the afternoon. If you are a 100% beginner then don't be afraid to admit it - you'll learn much more by getting the first lesson right rather than struggling above your ability. Also, drink loads of fluids and take it easy on the pop each night.

And yes, boarding is easier to get to a reasonable standard, but bl**dy hard work with lots of pain for the first few days. :scare:

Dead jealous - at least there is snow over there :thumbs: