Signing Off.................

Sarnie

And yes, boarding is easier to get to a reasonable standard, but bl**dy hard work with lots of pain for the first few days. :scare:

Yup sooo true and the main reason why more people don't do it. The first week is much harder on a board and often more painful but the 2nd/3rd week on a board you will progress much quicker than on skis i.e. 4 weeks on a board and you could easily be playing with small jumps, rails and powder. On skis you won't.

The general rule is

Skiing is easer to get the basics, much harder to get the intermediate skills but probably easier to get advanced

Boarding is harder to grask but much easier to get to intermediate but harder to get very very good on.

[obviously there are exceptions but thats how it evens out normally]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of skiing - anyone got any tips for a complete novice skier? I'm going to california next week to work and hope to visit Tahoe and do my first bit of skiing or boarding - any little nuggets of work would be very much appreciated!

Don't know if you've gone yet or not mate, just catching up on this thread. On the assumption you haven't then, have you ever ice skated? If you have and you were any good then go on blades (the very short skis) - its exactly the same apart from you squat a bit more. Turning, stopping and where you put your weight are EXACTLY the same as ice skating and if anyone tells you any different they are wrong.

Looks like you timed it well with all that snow arriving. How quickly were they able to open up all the resort. When I was there last year it snowed 1m the day before we arrived and it tok 3/4 days to open up all the runs.

Did you have a photo by the needles eye or were you enjoying the snow to the max :)

Looks like you timed it well with all that snow arriving. How quickly were they able to open up all the resort. When I was there last year it snowed 1m the day before we arrived and it tok 3/4 days to open up all the runs.

Did you have a photo by the needles eye or were you enjoying the snow to the max :)

The whole resort was open mate. The resort is on a glacier so its snows 10 months of the year :thumbs:

sarnie you are back, but it's going to be a quick press of a button to delete your account. FFS every single post is spammed by one of your pointless posts (like the one above) and sl114/Liam don't help with helping you going offtopic.

we are not here to tidy up after your mess, behave or www.DELETED.com only for you mate :dry:

keep the offtopic to ONE topic, goddamit :rant:

sarnie you are back, but it's going to be a quick press of a button to delete your account. FFS every single post is spammed by one of your pointless posts (like the one above) and sl114/Liam don't help with helping you going offtopic.

we are not here to tidy up after your mess, behave or www.DELETED.com only for you mate :dry:

keep the offtopic to ONE topic, goddamit :rant:

Don't just blame me you idiot. This is in the 'offtopic section'. You don't need to tidy up a thread that is already off topic :dry: