Hey There

Weevee

Hi!

So I'm currently looking for a 350 to buy....after many years and many test drives (of a whole range of cars! 325, A5, Elise...) I've finally settled on a 350z! :yahoo:

I've just come back from a long work related trip to Canada, and fancied treating myself.

I test drove one last weekend, thought it was wonderful, just what I've been looking for. Sadly that particular car wasn't quite the one I'd want, so now I'm eagerly (hungrily(?)) searching for one that fits what I want exactly...I'm extremely picky and often unable to put my actual personal requirements into words - not of much use that! I'm thinking 06 plate, not too much mods as I'm concerned insurance would make me cry...

Anyways! soon after test drive (and after I'd cooled off somewhat) I came to scour the interwebs - and would you believe it - stumbled across this forum, which has been a great help, thanks muchly! and thought I'd better stop browsing and introduce myself...

As for me - I'm currently living near to Birmingham and hope to be joining as a "fully Car-ed" member soon!

Welcome Along :wave:

Thanks Toby :thumbs: That would be cool to hand my Zed over to someone just back from Canada... as I am just leaving :lol:

thanks all for the welcome!

DoogyRev, Where about's are you going?

I've come back from down town Toronto - where the 350 would have been a welcome addition to the other sports cars around the place...They did have a large number of Infinity 35x / 37x - which am I right in thinking are related to the 350zs?

Actually -while I'm writing...I've got a quick question on insurance...

I've been hunting around, but i cant help but feel I'm not getting a good deal, especially having read some of what prices you guys have been getting.

I consider myself to be "quite a catch" from an insurance point of view.... I'm 28, 5 years no claims, no convictions, clean license (no points), live in a good area, keep the car garaged overnight at home... I dont think I'll be doing that many miles, although I will be commuting... However I'm struggling to get the price much below about £1200 for a standard car, no mods - which seems surprisingly steep! I'll confess was expecting more like 900 - am I kidding myself? is there a "magic combo" which I'm missing? or did prices shoot up over recent months?

Welcome Along :wave:

Thanks Toby :thumbs: That would be cool to hand my Zed over to someone just back from Canada... as I am just leaving :lol:

thanks all for the welcome!

DoogyRev, Where about's are you going?

I've come back from down town Toronto - where the 350 would have been a welcome addition to the other sports cars around the place...They did have a large number of Infinity 35x / 37x - which am I right in thinking are related to the 350zs?

Actually -while I'm writing...I've got a quick question on insurance...

I've been hunting around, but i cant help but feel I'm not getting a good deal, especially having read some of what prices you guys have been getting.

I consider myself to be "quite a catch" from an insurance point of view.... I'm 28, 5 years no claims, no convictions, clean license (no points), live in a good area, keep the car garaged overnight at home... I dont think I'll be doing that many miles, although I will be commuting... However I'm struggling to get the price much below about £1200 for a standard car, no mods - which seems surprisingly steep! I'll confess was expecting more like 900 - am I kidding myself? is there a "magic combo" which I'm missing? or did prices shoot up over recent months?

I will be off to Vancouver :yahoo: ....... my feet are itching already :lol:

With regards to insurance I am 36 with 14yrs no claims...... about £800 including mods

• 4 weeks later...

well...I've done it!

I've found my Z, bought and paid for.... haven't had chance to properly drive it yet as sucky work has me too far from home...but this weekend... thats when i get to spend some quality time with it! I cant wait! :)