Lurker made good, joined at last!

Hi all,

Reading the forums for a while, though never contributed, thought I would join up to reap the benefits of everyone else’s experience!

Bought an orange 350z with matched interior and rays alloys (which have a massive ding from hittng a pothole at speed that rang the car like a bell!), 53 plate 3 years ago. It’s now done 75k miles(lots of motorway time). Had a plenum spacer and uprev done at Abbey last year and very happy with the results and service, I will be going back for all future zed related purchases and servicing, despite the fact they are well out of my way.

Currently on tour in Afghanistan, though will be back in a month or so with some cash to spend. The GF is looking after the zed (she has promised to run it every week, though it seems she has put a dent in the front left quadrant! She insists it wasn’t her…) Will need to get that fixed, dented alloy, maybe need new tyres and brake discs/pads. Will get a HFC, prob get brakes upgraded, though haven’t decided to what/how far. Can’t decide whether to go full TI on the exhaust, it’s a lot of money, but I like the idea of the best quality stuff at work - and lightness. Coilovers are planned, but haven’t decided on which. Ohlins road and track caught my eye, but only because they are shiny and a big brand, I am struggling to find reviews or opinions on them. This is all for my DD, will track it a few times this coming year, but I don’t want to spoil it for the road. Also thinking about getting it sound deadened for cruising on the motorway, which I do a lot.

The above is my general plan for the car, it’s getting on a bit in miles now, but it still has plenty left in it I reckon! I will post specific questions in the correct forums, but if anyone has any thoughts on the above then more than welcome. Thanks in advance.