Meguiars detailing seminar 26th Nov 2011

Envy Valeting

It gives me great pleasure to announce that I have managed to secure a detailing seminar at Meguiars HQ in Daventry on the 26th November 2011. Its one of the 1st of the winter season.

Its basically a morning where you get to meet at Meguiars, they give an excellent presentation on how to look after your car then you get to try their intimidating light tunnel, use products for yourselves and of course buy some products too!

Official blurb is below, spaces are strictly limited to 25 and we will be taking deposits of £10 (refundable on the day when you turn up..sadly when I have run this for other forums people put their names down, take a slot then dont bother to turn up on the day )

It is a winter only seminar as they are too busy in the summer doing shows.

If you are very experienced in car care then you may not learn many new things but the guys do this for free and its a great opportunity to meet Meguiars UK, see the facility and get a great background into the company and the products.

You will need to be at their HQ by 09.45 for a 10.00 start on the 26th and the location is

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=45 ... &A=Y&Z=110

View Larger Map

Thank you for your interest in our Detailing Seminars.

Hosting "Workshops" or seminars for car enthusiasts is an important part Meguiar's everyday global activity. In the UK we have spoken at many club regional and national meeting venues about Meguiar's automotive surface care. In the summer months, weather and venue permitting, we follow our PowerPoint presentation with some hands-on practice of techniques and products on a members car, typically in the car park.

With the recent move to our new facilities in Daventry, it is now possible for us to host such events almost entirely indoors, in optimal conditions.

Our seminars consist of:-

•A 45 minute presentation of "Best Practice" in the Training Room. This is a great opportunity to ask questions and hopefully dispel a few myths.

•An hour or so working on a visitor's car in our Detailing Bay to demonstrate products and techniques and give visitors an opportunity to try for themselves.

•Every visitor receives a pack of sachet samples to take away.

We aim to attract enthusiasts with a passion for making their car look the best it possibly can. When such people have experienced Meguiar's products for themselves, they invariably become advocates for our brand.

In the final analysis our motives are entirely selfish.

Our facilities can accommodate 20-25 people, and we will provide refreshments during the morning. We aim to start the seminar at 10am.

I have this offer on another local forum I sponsor but so far uptake is slow...maybe because it involves a bit of a drive from daarn sarth but I'm throwing it open to you all too but I will copy and paste names to my local one so I can keep tabs on the numbers.

Tim

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, if you have any interest in keeping your car looking its best then you must get your name down for this. I did it last year and it opened my eyes to just how you can and should use a DA machine, never mind the potential bargains to be had there. :)

This is a great event for anyone looking to advance their skills from a basic diy wash & polish merchant. Lots of good information and advice, dispels a few myths too.

I won't be going again this year, but thoroughly recommend it to anyone else with an interest in detailing.

If you do go, the entrance is from Lamport Drive, Brunel Close is a dead end under the trees. :thumbs:

Folks, if you have any interest in keeping your car looking its best then you must get your name down for this. I did it last year and it opened my eyes to just how you can and should use a DA machine, never mind the potential bargains to be had there. :)

Huge +1 to this, its an excellent event, i learnt a lot and took advantage of the promotions. Definitely recommended.

I was there last year with another mob, this is the best free day out you can get. However I'm partial, most of my car products I use are Meguiars, if you want to learn how to use a DA this is for you.

You can count me in on this one :thumbs:

Put me down for a place +1
Definatley like to join this years event after missing out on last years :thumbs:
Brilliant cheers guys

1) Envy Valeting

2) cmck13

3) Rothers2901

4) Shire350Z

I was there last year with another mob, this is the best free day out you can get. However I'm partial, most of my car products I use are Meguiars, if you want to learn how to use a DA this is for you.

You can count me in on this one :thumbs:

Put me down for a place +1
Definatley like to join this years event after missing out on last years :thumbs:
Brilliant cheers guys

1) Envy Valeting

2) cmck13

3) Rothers2901

4) Shire350Z

Just to clarify

1) Envy Valeting

2) cmck13

3) Rothers2901 +1 (guest)

4) Shire350Z

Our club over here has done a few of the Meguiar's detailing seminars. Even being a keen detailer myself with lol, more than a few trophies :blush: it's still worth going to this sort of thing. :thumbs:

Agh, I thought you were going tocome over B) Be nice to meet you.

Tim

ps can you PM me, remind me if you're north or south Island and do you detail cars for people other than your own (a customer has just emigrated to NZ and wants a local detailer! Thought of you...

Only new on here... But I'm interested in going! :D

How do you want deposit? I can PayPal if you PM me your details... Also, is this open to forum members only?

You'd be most welcome and yes bring a friend, as long as we know numbers and dont exceed the max attendance all's good.

Best wishes

Tim

Our club over here has done a few of the Meguiar's detailing seminars. Even being a keen detailer myself with lol, more than a few trophies :blush: it's still worth going to this sort of thing. :thumbs:

Agh, I thought you were going tocome over B) Be nice to meet you.

T'is a tiny bit far. :plane::lol: We only need one bronze nemo on the forum. :lol:

This is aa must for anybody who llikes to look after there Z properly. I did it last year and its good for general advice as well as picking up some cheap bits and pieces from Megs.

Also if your thinking of using or buying a DA, these guys will show you how easy they are to use on the Z's paint work

I would like to go to this and get a domonstration from the professionals on how to use my new DA polisher :thumbs: .

1) Envy Valeting

2) cmck13

3) Rothers2901 +1 (guest)

4) Shire350Z

5) S1an1de + 1 [unfortunately in a blue VXR]

6) Ken

I'm really surprised the numbers are so low! Last year was a full house. Seriously consider making the trip for those who'd like to know not just the basics but more in depth ways of maintaining your paintwork. Not only that, but the knowledge of products, what they do and how they work. For me it was a great day out and provided some missing gaps to start my own detailing venture.

Even if you don't learn anything, the discounts and free items (if there are any) are worth going for.

Come on people get your name down it's highly recommended :thumbs:

I'm really surprised the numbers are so low! Last year was a full house. Seriously consider making the trip for those who'd like to know not just the basics but more in depth ways of maintaining your paintwork. Not only that, but the knowledge of products, what they do and how they work. For me it was a great day out and provided some missing gaps to start my own detailing venture.

Even if you don't learn anything, the discounts and free items (if there are any) are worth going for.

Come on people get your name down it's highly recommended :thumbs:

+1 :thumbs:

1) Envy Valeting

2) cmck13

3) Rothers2901

4) Rothers2901's +1

5) Shire350Z

5) S1an1de + 1 [unfortunately in a blue VXR]

6) S1an1de's +1 [unfortunately in a blue VXR]

7) Ken

Numbers are not looking promising for this so please please if you know anyone who wants to go, and will turn up...put their names down or it may have to be cancelled :blush:

Cheers

Tim

Tim if you want an extra bum on seat I don't mind going down again, get some things from the cheap bin. In fact I want to get a couple of detailing bags so they might do me a deal.

Also see who gets to be the culprit under the light tunnel.

This is of course if you're short on numbers, if you manage to fill the seat I'm happy to withdraw. :thumbs:

Totally agree, really enjoyed this last year. Chance to meet up with the gang for a good old chin wag, learn loads about car care and detailing, meet tim and the meguiars team and walk away with a bag of goodies at a discounted price. What more could you want.

If you want to learn more about detailing your car and want to see professionals do it right in front of you then this event is a must.