Winter Cars!

Stew

Just a wee thread to remind you how lucky we are driving our Zeds about. I have been driving about my 1995 Purple Astra Turbo Diesel for a while and although it's actually a laugh to hustle around the back roads, it's no sports car.

It just makes me appreciate the Zed so much more when I drive it.

-5*C this morning on the way to work so I suppose I should be glad of the tractor beast!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got my 1995 Volvo 440 2.0 GLT being covered in salt and road dirt at the moment. Interior spec is strangely similar to the Zed without the cruise control. Obviously the performance and styling are no match for the Zed though.....!! :D

Sad bit is, my Dad had this car as his company car when new, sold it to one of his long term customers, bought it back off him for my Mum, and now I have it. I remember being taken on holiday in the back of it!!! :scare:

I think it maybe time to get my Landy out series 3, no heating, electric anything, but does have a gun rack!!

I drove home last night and a collegue was following me through the country roads, I could feel the bak end twicthing, he said it was wagging it tail like a spaniel on speed

winter cars rule. I had a 1.3 SR nova a few years ago for a winter shitter. It was awesomely quick for what it was (had a big carb among other things) and I remember scandinavian flicking it for the 10 miles home from the night club I'd been in (sober!) with my mates in the back pissing themselves!

Ace fun driving something yu don't give a monkeys about!

Here's Mr Mings winter car

131_3173.jpg

Hopefully going to get fully undersealed soon to prevent winter problems but she will be out all year, not garaged, driven in all conditions and washed cleaned AND polished at least once a week ALL WINTER!!!!!

Come on guys they are cars to be enjoyed and driven!!

Ming the ZED Driver

Here's Mr Mings winter car

131_3173.jpg

Hopefully going to get fully undersealed soon to prevent winter problems but she will be out all year, not garaged, driven in all conditions and washed cleaned AND polished at least once a week ALL WINTER!!!!!

Come on guys they are cars to be enjoyed and driven!!

Ming the ZED Driver

100% agree mate. My car costs me £1k a month all in. No bloody way am i gonna drive a shitty beater for 5 months of the year :wacko:

100% agree mate. My car costs me £1k a month all in. No bloody way am i gonna drive a shitty beater for 5 months of the year :wacko:

I'm with custardio B)

Except for the £1k/month. I have no idea honestly (and i dont think i WANT to know :headhurt: )

£1k is what the car costs me per month in total. Loan, insurance and fuel :thumbs:

My Winter car is a nice black 350z :D

IMO the Z is not a special enough car to put it away for the winter. Show cars that are not really meant to be driven lots or rare exotics maybe but the Z is designed and developed to be used every day.

Even on the winter morning drive to work it puts a smile on my face. Just keep it nicely waxed and it will be fine

My Winter car is a nice black 350z :D

IMO the Z is not a special enough car to put it away for the winter. Show cars that are not really meant to be driven lots or rare exotics maybe but the Z is designed and developed to be used every day.

Even on the winter morning drive to work it puts a smile on my face. Just keep it nicely waxed and it will be fine

i agree ,

i love my car , because of how i feel when i drive it , so when its sat on the drive over christmas- i couldnt care less , cant wait to see a layer of snow all over it, now that will be a fun day :drive1

every car suffers from wear and tear -deal with it , enjoy it FFS , its not like were cruising around in ferrari's

I agree that the Zed is very usable however if you check my geographical location you'll find that I suffer from a fairly harsh winter.

White icy roads and -7*C going to work this morning. I just don't want to risk my car as I couldn't afford to insure it with a claim! :wacko:

The money I save on petrol I spend on mods anyway so the car gets a treat when it's not being used everyday! ;)