Winter Cars!

Stew

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Winter car is a nice black 350z :D

IMO the Z is not a special enough car to put it away for the winter. Show cars that are not really meant to be driven lots or rare exotics maybe but the Z is designed and developed to be used every day.

Even on the winter morning drive to work it puts a smile on my face. Just keep it nicely waxed and it will be fine

i agree ,

i love my car , because of how i feel when i drive it , so when its sat on the drive over christmas- i couldnt care less , cant wait to see a layer of snow all over it, now that will be a fun day :drive1

every car suffers from wear and tear -deal with it , enjoy it FFS , its not like were cruising around in ferrari's

Which is all well and good for you. Who said anything about wear and tear etc?

I drive 30 miles each way to work and this morning went through 3 multiple car pile ups, didn't get much above 40mph and the car is now brown. If I don't have to, why would I pump a heavy clutch and risk a car I love? BTW, I love the fact it's designed for every day use! The 348 I was looking at wouldn't be able to be!! :D

The second the weekend is here it's all that gets used and as Captint says, it's not the easiest time to make full use of the car!!

One man's Rover is another man's Ferrari....... Same reason the Elise won't be used much now. And the Zed will be a show car, when I've designed an install......... :blush::headhurt::)

Tim,

Is that a Ford Explorer? £2k bargain. Is that how cheap they are?

yes 98 Ford Explorer with 70k on the clock, gave exactly £2000 with 12 months MOt and 3 months tax on :thumbs: bargain Kev

That is a bargain! Big comfy things those explorers.

My Astra was free so I can't complain!

Tim,

Is that a Ford Explorer? £2k bargain. Is that how cheap they are?

yes 98 Ford Explorer with 70k on the clock, gave exactly £2000 with 12 months MOt and 3 months tax on :thumbs: bargain Kev

That is a bargain! Big comfy things those explorers.

My Astra was free so I can't complain!

Well I was hoping to get my money back in March for it :blush: mind you it is 4.0 litre so it will use some juice :teeth:

Cool, my dad bought a legacy for his winter car a good few years instead of running the XJ8. He ended up keeping it three years and his company as a bus come van for travelling up and down from a northern scottish location as it was so comfortable!

Zed's are no good in snow / ice.....................period :)

Yup, have to agree. That's when any futile attempt to be cool goes out the window and I take the Micra....... :dry:

At least if it's cold you can put a hat on so nobody will recognise you!

Zed's are no good in snow / ice.....................period :)

Yup, have to agree. That's when any futile attempt to be cool goes out the window and I take the Micra....... :dry:

At least if it's cold you can put a hat on so nobody will recognise you!

I'm hoping for a balaclava for Xmas! :blush:

What's the explorer like on fuel Tim?

£2k for a decent 4x4 is certainly a bargain

actually it's not too bad, a lot beetter than the Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 litre I had last year , I would say about 20mpg on a run...but it did drop down to about 6mpg when I went shooting last week ( a lot of off road stuff, and spinning about in mud etc, :blush: )