Winter Cars!

Stew

Back to the original topic. Here's my winter car which I also use for the summer.

x19.jpg

Blimey Kev , I thought that Fiats dissolved like an aspirin in wet weather :teeth:

They do unless they spend 9 years in a garage like this one. It's got 45k on the clock too.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the original topic. Here's my winter car which I also use for the summer.

x19.jpg

Blimey Kev , I thought that Fiats dissolved like an aspirin in wet weather :teeth:

They do unless they spend 9 years in a garage like this one. It's got 45k on the clock too.

It's not the most "manly" of cars, is it Kev? ;):p

x19.jpg

Steady on.

Mid engine, lightweight, no power brakes or steering, and handles like a go-kart. Great fun to drive and dear I say as much fun to drive as a Zed.. :p

x19.jpg

Steady on.

Mid engine, lightweight, no power brakes or steering, and handles like a go-kart. Great fun to drive and dear I say as much fun to drive as a Zed.. :p

:headhurt: never :p

They used to call the TVR's wedges. I think they still do. The Tasmin's and similar. I think it's a 70's thing. Most sports cars were this shape then, e.g. TR7 etc.

Now I'm showing my age....:lol:

Brings back memories mate, at about age 4 or 5 I remember riding perched on the back of a TR7 with my uncle in the passenger seat & his girlfriend of the time driving, we didn't go very far but it was a blast!

I remember loving that car and its look. I saw one in a garage about 5 years ago, it didn't quite look like I remembered it tho!!!!!

I'm a youngster so I don't remember much before the mondeo was launched I suppose. Well I'm racking my brains can't think of much else excitement.

I do like the wedge shaped TVRs though. The Stag was my intro into Triumph as my dad had a summer toy one in Java green (very 70s!) for 5 years or so from '99. I loved the noise it made. ;)

Whilst we are on old sports cars, I've owned both a Triumph Spitfire and MGB Roadster. Thank god for progress, although I still have a soft spot for MGB's.

The X1/9 still feels relatively modern though. A very stiff chassis etc. and quite advanced for it's time, considering it went in prodcution in 1972 I think it was. Don't forget it was a Bertone design, the same team responsible for the Lancia Stratos. :wub: Also interesting is the fact that TVR are planning to use Bertone to build all TVR's in the future. Being a late model, my X1/9 was built at the Bertone Factory, (no Fiat badges).. B)

x19.jpg

WTF is that??? How is that a winter car? It looks older than Lomoto :scare:

It was bought for the summer fun, but now I'm unfortunately having to use the train to go to work, it's become my winter car, i.e. don't mind leaving it at the train station car park for days.

Anyway, it's red and it's italian, so isn't it obvious what it is... ;)

x19.jpg

It was bought for the summer fun, but now I'm unfortunately having to use the train to go to work, it's become my winter car, i.e. don't mind leaving it at the train station car park for days.

a rust bucket? :teeth:

x19.jpg

a rust bucket? :teeth:

:p

Ha ha! Well it is to a point I suppose. Same way as a TT is a Lambo if it's painted yellow! :p

It was designed by Bertone who designed many Ferraris and Lambo's. In fact didn't they design the Dino. Mine's a late car which was completely built by Bertone so no Fiat badges anywhere.

Cool, didn't know that they made these without Fiat being 'involved.'

I like the little car, it's pretty funky, I remember a guy in the next street had one when I was young. Was a a rusty uncared for example though. Shame!

Bertone certainly has had their hand in my good projects. And the Dino is the most stunning car ever!

Cool, didn't know that they made these without Fiat being 'involved.'

I like the little car, it's pretty funky, I remember a guy in the next street had one when I was young. Was a a rusty uncared for example though. Shame!

Bertone certainly has had their hand in my good projects. And the Dino is the most stunning car ever!

Which Ferrari is this:

ferraribonnet.jpg

ferrari.jpg

It was at the Top Gear track when I went :blush::wub: