Sticker Number plates.............?

manphibian

I got mine from Craigs Plates.

Its legal height, spacing and all that but apparently stick on isn't technically allowed so its a show plate. I doubt anyone would say anything though, especially being on the front.

See loads on MX5's

i can make one for you, any size you like.

Ive ran several sticky plates for years on other cars and have never had a problem, though the less friendly MOT places may ask you to put the correct plate on.

i can make one for you, any size you like.

Ive ran several sticky plates for years on other cars and have never had a problem, though the less friendly MOT places may ask you to put the correct plate on.

Can you do normal plates?

Yes it did, i just stuck over them, they aren't big holes compared to the size of the plate so it sits flat and you can't tell they are there.

I need my front bumper respraying eventually due to stone chips, so plan to get them filled then, and maybe move the plate to the lower grill.

I have a stick on plate,as it was on the car when i got it. I think it looks so much better than the standard mount and plate. Never had any problems with the police,and it passed its MOT with it on. Though strangely the crate of Red Bull id left in the boot had disappeared! :scare:

Hers mine

0450a304.jpg

598b72d2.jpg

643bfa5b.jpg

I have a "proper" numberplate but without the mount just stuck on.

Sort of halfway between :lol:

1-1.jpg

Hi mate,

just wondering what you used to stick yours on to your front bumper?

I prefer a real plate over the sticker.

Cheers

Steve

Yes it did, i just stuck over them, they aren't big holes compared to the size of the plate so it sits flat and you can't tell they are there.

I need my front bumper respraying eventually due to stone chips, so plan to get them filled then, and maybe move the plate to the lower grill.

Looking to do this modification over the next few weeks but wondered whether I can remove the plate bracket without having to remove the front bumper as really don't fancy taking it off?

As has been said above - Stick on vinyl numberplates are technically illegal.

Although it is somewhat a gray area - as they are generally used at stupid angles on bonnets etc.

My choice would be as Keyser shows (I had this on my last Zed). Just stick down with 2 x 1mm pads, and 2 x 5mm from Halfords.

Looking to do this modification over the next few weeks but wondered whether I can remove the plate bracket without having to remove the front bumper as really don't fancy taking it off?

You don't need to take the bumper off - take the plate off the mount, then just unscrew the Number Plate Mount off - half hour job max

post-5330-135011909873_thumb.jpg

post-5330-135011909893_thumb.jpg

Hi mate,

Cheers

Steve

I used 3 x 3mm numberplate sticky pads (as mentioned above) form eBay, 1 on each end and one in the middle because of the curve - never moved since I put it on :thumbs:

ianphampton - It makes illustration pics so much better when you have an invisible friend to hold the tools :lol:

Hi mate,

Cheers

Steve

I used 3 x 3mm numberplate sticky pads (as mentioned above) form eBay, 1 on each end and one in the middle because of the curve - never moved since I put it on :thumbs:

ianphampton - It makes illustration pics so much better when you have an invisible friend to hold the tools :lol:

Thank you :clap::thumbs: