Going back to school tomorrow

Husky

[rant]So I have a lovely speed awareness course tomorrow to teach me how to not do 35mph in the last 5m of a 30 zone. it's in derby which is about an hour form my work, it starts at 5 and you have to be early or they punish you with more money taking. so i have to get to work early to leave at 3:30 to get there and sit through 4 WHOLE HOURS until 9PM!! then drive home which takes me up to 10:30pm. Costs 85 quid plus a bag of fuel. Damn you Wales, damn you to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/rant]

anyone been on one? is it interesting/useful and if not, can i sleep through it?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Mate, look on the bright side...you rather do that than have points on your license... ;)

true that. I was wondering, just for the sake of argument, could you actually fall asleep in the course and still claim to have attended? could i bring a pillow with me?

:lol: Mate, look on the bright side...you rather do that than have points on your license... ;)

true that. I was wondering, just for the sake of argument, could you actually fall asleep in the course and still claim to have attended? could i bring a pillow with me?

Unfortunately you need to 'participate' in the session. They can penalise you for not fully participating!

I know someone who had to go on one of these and he didn't know English. They gave him 2 options...well 3:

1 - Take a friend who knows English and can interpret for you

2 - They can supply one of their own interpreters

3 - Take the points :lol:

Apparently it's really interesting though!

anyone been on one? is it interesting/useful and if not, can i sleep through it?

No, but I know a few people that have and have heard that it is interesting. Just remember you have to pass the course, showing disinterest could cause you to fail in which case you'll get the points.

Pete

Like most things once you get there it normally turns out to be interesting, unless it's a lecture on the applicaiton of mathematics and statistics to the spread and treatment of cancer. As fun as it sounds, that one didn't turn out to be good...

As above you have to participate. Worst case is they decide you didnt and you get the points anyway! So you go to the ballache of it all to be no better off. Better not fall asleep ;)

I wonder if i brought a pillow just to wind them up thyey would be annoyed :teeth:

My ex did one of these after she was caught speeding in my old Zed (something I wasnt happy about).

She said she found it informative and interesting.....and for it to have gotten through her thick skull it must have been good

This will definately be beneficial to you Husky.... ;)

Im in Derby as holiday was cancelled so if you see someone tapping on the window and laughing at you... its a good possibility it will be me :lol:

:lol: if it wasnt for the fact it takes so long i'd come visit

Don't get caught speeding on the way there/back!

Someone I know (NOT a friend, I hasten to add) went with his normal "I don't give a fook" attitude and failed... had to have the points :lol:

Just don;t bite anyone Husky! ;)

I heard a story of a guy that went to court about losing his license, he lost the case and when it was done he walked out the court room to drive home. he drove 5m before the police stopped him and took him in. apparently they did it all the time as it was an easy catch.

i have to get to work early to leave at 3:30 to get there and sit through 4 WHOLE HOURS until 9PM!! then drive home which takes me up to 10:30pm.

There is a God :yahoo:

7 WHOLE HOURS without the pesky dawg on the forum :lol:

i have to get to work early to leave at 3:30 to get there and sit through 4 WHOLE HOURS until 9PM!! then drive home which takes me up to 10:30pm.

There is a God :yahoo:

7 WHOLE HOURS without the pesky dawg on the forum :lol:

hehe :teeth: it only took the police to get involved :lol:

i went on one of these was bit tedious, the people are the best bit some just go to vent there anger to the police then get shot down by some chief constable its quite funny, b ut is a useful thing although when they talked about stopping distance i said that actually technically doesnt apply to my car as it can stop up a lot quicker than that he did say that had been mentioned before but its a saftey guide and one tht should be use for everyday cars (Copper cop out )

Excuses are the best...i was being tailed..it wasnt displayed properly..the light was yellow when i went through...ok then so why are you sitting here lol

i came straight off the motorway and flew through one about 35 not much i can do i thought i was going 20 :lol:

take it as an experience and be ready to here many facts and figures on road safety oh and you got to do a hazard awarness test thats fun and your reaction time makes you wonder how quick a reaction you have...mine was excellent...thank god